overall

RATINGS: 71   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.54   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
I am the sword in the barkness. I am the Chocolate watcher on the walls. I am the liquid fire that burns against the cold, the maltygoodness that brings the dawn, the rich stout to wake the sleepers. I am the brewery pup Jonas, wo guards these realms of men. I am Imperial Jones Dog, and in this Game of Jones... You pet or I whine.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Niko100 (2033) - Illinois, USA - NOV 14, 2014
Dark brown/black color; Medium to heavy creamy body; Aroma of toasted sweet malt, vanilla, dark fruit, & chocolate; Flavor of roasted sweet malt, caramel/vanilla, molasses, dark fruit, chocolate, & licorice; Warm finish; Pretty good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
radagast83 (4911) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - NOV 11, 2014
Bottle shared at the DC Pre-Thanksgiving tasting. Thanks to Travlr. Poured a dark brown color with a small light tan head. Aroma was boooze, light chocolates. I joked that it had "more booze than there are saphires in Tarth." Not that boozy, but alcohol is apparent here. Roasted malt, chocolate, light vanilla notes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
solidfunk (4304) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - NOV 10, 2014
Caramelized malt, with some roast. Brown pour with ok head and lacing. Light sweet finish. Not my thing - a little too syrupy for my liking. Bottle shared by Travlr.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GenDV138 (1619) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - NOV 10, 2014
Bottle at the RateBeer DC Tasting shared by Travlr, thanks Gene! Batch 214-215. Dark brownish black with light tan head. Aromas of caramel, chocolate. Tastes of chocolate, roast, vanilla, lactose. Medium body with a dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerandBlues2 (9985) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - NOV 9, 2014
Bottle. Pours clear black with a small, frothy beige head, short retention with spare lacing. Aroma is roast and chocolate malt, dates and figs, licorice. Flavor is sweet dark malt, dark fruits, light hops and bitterness with a sweet finish. Full body and medium carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Travlr (12960) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - NOV 9, 2014
Bottle courtesy of me!! Clear deep dark brown color, tan edge head. Aroma of chocolate liqueur. Taste is chocolate covered licorice. Not bad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
AndyReynolds (904) - Dayton, Kentucky, USA - OCT 31, 2014
Pretty damn good stout. Unfortunately, my boy, who I have never met, Superspak, has never had it. So I can not share his super rating with you.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
nuplastikk (4658) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - SEP 28, 2014
22oz bomber. Amber-brown-black chocolate body. Thinnish oily head. Sweet honey chocolate aroma. A lot of depth, sweetness. Pretty excellent.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Koelschtrinker (10956) - Köln (Cologne), GERMANY - AUG 20, 2014
Schokoladiger Antrunk, intensive Malzigkeit. Gleichzeitig weich, das Bier wird im Mittelteil noch deutlich intensiver. Vollmundig, minimal herb. Sehr würzig, die Süße ist einen Ticken zu stark. Minimal alkoholischer Nachgeschmack, der ansonsten wie flüssige Schokolade schmeckt. Gut! 11/12/12/14/12/14

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Benzai (8747) - Oirschot, THE NETHERLANDS, NETHERLANDS - JUL 3, 2014
Bottle @ weekly tasting shared by Joes. Opaque pitch black color, small light brown head. Aroma is malts, liquorice, sweeter than I had expected. Taste malts, again more sweet than I expected, sugary, lightly a bitter touch but overall it is way sweeter than I had expected. Medium body and carbonation. Decent, but I expected better.