overall

RATINGS: 74   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
I am the sword in the barkness. I am the Chocolate watcher on the walls. I am the liquid fire that burns against the cold, the maltygoodness that brings the dawn, the rich stout to wake the sleepers. I am the brewery pup Jonas, wo guards these realms of men. I am Imperial Jones Dog, and in this Game of Jones... You pet or I whine.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Christpuncher (1386) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - DEC 13, 2014
This is a very boozy rich and sort of sweet double stout. Has a nice hopy bitter finish. Smells boozy. Pours black in color with a thick brown head. Had a bomber pour at home. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Chudwick (2206) - Cincyucky, Kentucky, USA - NOV 27, 2014
Andyreynolds said: Pretty damn good stout. Unfortunately, my boy, who I have never met, Superspak, has never had it. So I can not share his super rating with you.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
andyhwcinc (1512) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 25, 2014
Purchased at West Lakeview Liquors in Chicago, IL; enjoyed at home after a frigid 3 mile run on the day I cancelled cable, and Iím scared. I think this is one of the best bottle arts Iíve seen. Appearance is thick pitch black with a thin off white rim. Aroma is strong in cacao nibs, vanilla, lots of lactose and chocolate, very much a dessert beverage. Taste is pretty damn good, nice flavor, dark dark chocolate/cacao, great vanilla mixture, very much enjoyable. Iím a big fan of Pipeworks stouts, and this one does not disappoint.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Niko100 (2059) - Illinois, USA - NOV 14, 2014
Dark brown/black color; Medium to heavy creamy body; Aroma of toasted sweet malt, vanilla, dark fruit, & chocolate; Flavor of roasted sweet malt, caramel/vanilla, molasses, dark fruit, chocolate, & licorice; Warm finish; Pretty good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
radagast83 (5026) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - NOV 11, 2014
Bottle shared at the DC Pre-Thanksgiving tasting. Thanks to Travlr. Poured a dark brown color with a small light tan head. Aroma was boooze, light chocolates. I joked that it had "more booze than there are saphires in Tarth." Not that boozy, but alcohol is apparent here. Roasted malt, chocolate, light vanilla notes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
solidfunk (4458) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - NOV 10, 2014
Caramelized malt, with some roast. Brown pour with ok head and lacing. Light sweet finish. Not my thing - a little too syrupy for my liking. Bottle shared by Travlr.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GenDV138 (1768) - Falls Church, Virginia, USA - NOV 10, 2014
Bottle at the RateBeer DC Tasting shared by Travlr, thanks Gene! Batch 214-215. Dark brownish black with light tan head. Aromas of caramel, chocolate. Tastes of chocolate, roast, vanilla, lactose. Medium body with a dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerandBlues2 (10038) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - NOV 9, 2014
Bottle. Pours clear black with a small, frothy beige head, short retention with spare lacing. Aroma is roast and chocolate malt, dates and figs, licorice. Flavor is sweet dark malt, dark fruits, light hops and bitterness with a sweet finish. Full body and medium carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Travlr (13167) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - NOV 9, 2014
Bottle courtesy of me!! Clear deep dark brown color, tan edge head. Aroma of chocolate liqueur. Taste is chocolate covered licorice. Not bad.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20