Pisgah Pale Ale
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 132   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our pale ale is a perfect blend of whole leaf Chinook and Mount Hood hops and rich organic malts. A crisp, clean profile make this beer distinct.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
nearbeer (3998) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - FEB 28, 2009
650 ml. Copper with a lasting inch of foam. Clean hoppy aroma of resin, citrus zest and dried wood. Flavor has all the same elements plus some light caramel apple and orange. Light-medium body is drinkably smooth and watery, a bit too frothy at times, and well-dried. Good but nothing outstanding; a pretty standard session APA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
DukeBrewDevil (732) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - JAN 21, 2009
Draft at Jack of the Wood. Copper colored, small head. Big hoppy flavor and nose pushes this one closer to a super smooth IPA than a standard APA. It’s extremely clean finishing with a lovely crisp mouthfeel. Awesome session beer I wish I could get locally.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
drfabulous (4494) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - DEC 27, 2008
On draft at Bruisin Ales. Glass handed to me by owner. Light and crisp pale that is overall well done. Balanced.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
swoopjones (6629) - Buffalo, New York, USA - NOV 18, 2008
Bottle. Another winner from Pisgah. Very well balanced APA. Nice well balanced brew. Hop flavor & aroma is definately here, malts balance thingsnicely. Smooth & easy drinking

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
dchmela (2761) - Orlando, Florida, USA - SEP 8, 2008
On tap all over Asheville and I drank it everywhere I went. I found this to be a very nice easy drinking pale ale that was great on a hot day. Dark gold pour. Light citrus hop aroma. Clean citrus bitter taste with a good malt balance. Nice and smooth. Crisp and tasty, very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
grimreeser (797) - Minnesota, USA - AUG 19, 2008
On tap. Wow great lacing, great looking beer Aroma is earthy and citrus hops, a bit nutty. Nice flavor, good stuff.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
wcampbell (721) - Clemson, South Carolina, USA - JUL 7, 2008
Draft at Jack of the Wood. Drank after the green man IPA. This was much better. Hoppier and less watery. Nice piney hop flavor. Clean crisp finish. Highly drinkable and refreshing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
gottalottaibu (243) - charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUN 15, 2008
golden amber pour with smaller head. light citrus aroma. flavor was of light hops and had some fruit in the back. clean flavor overall with a nice balance of malt. bitterness came through in the finish. not a bad pale ale. also had this randalized while I was at the brewery under the name Bravo.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
emacgee (4272) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - JUN 8, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2009 Draught at Barleys. Pours a really hazy brownish amber with a thin head. The nose is earthy, light citrusy hops, sweet, earthy. The flavor is similar, mostly hop bitterness, some grapefruit peel. Had this out of a bottle. Pour is the same. Hops are more prominent on the nose and in the flavor. Enjoyed this more bottled.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Perm (151) - Tryon, North Carolina, USA - MAY 24, 2008
(Litre) draught at the Biergarden, Asheville NC First off, perhaps getting a litre-size was not the best idea. I was so impressed that the establishment offered the litre option for the taps (and at the prices!) that I felt like I couldn’t pass up the opportunity. Just not sure if this was the best brew to go with. I have been a fan of Pisgah brewing for some time. This particular offering is probably my least favorite of their array, however. Appearance: Copper, cloudy, like a good craft APA should be. Inviting. Nose: What in the world!?! My least favourite part of the whole experience. Again, might have been the litre mug, might have been an off-tap, who knows? An off nose, at any rate: almost on the way to a "rancid" quality. To the point where in order to enjoy the taste (which I did) I had to close off my nose whilst sipping. Taste: Smooth and hoppy. All of Pisgah’s brews must use the same yeast strain, because I recognized a certain Pisgah-y familiarity on the tongue. Palate: Snappy and crisp. Very APA-appropriate. Overall: I’m disappointed in a very good brewery for this one. Again, I might have had an off tap or an off glass. Drink it cold, is my advice.