overall

RATINGS: 82   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.44   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Award winning golden Belgian.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
carruthm (1399) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 24, 2009
on tap at pp restaurant. tarty, apple, slightly sour with some belgian spices present.

alexanderj (3296) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - FEB 3, 2009
On tap at PP Carlsbad. Pours a slightly dark gold with a white head. Aroma of sweet malt, banana, and a hint of spicing. Flavor was not as sweet as I expected, but it did have alot of banana/bubblegum flavors. Solid.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JohnnyJ (4217) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 24, 2009
On tap at Pizza Port Carlsbad. Pours a clear golden color with frothy white head. Sweet malt, banana, fruity esters, spice, and clove. Nice medium body and a little biscuity. I like it, but not to excited. I geuss this is my 800th rating, I didn’t notice until after I rated and got a song lol, CHEERS!

kp (10886) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - SEP 1, 2007
Date: 12/02/2006
Mode: Draft
Source: Brewfest, Strong Ale Fest

opaque yellow, frothy white head, drops of lace, lots of spicy ester aroma on a sweet malt base, medium body, lots of spicy flavor, nice sweetness, good balancing bitterness well blended with the spicy character,

Aroma: 7/10; Appearance: 6/10; Flavor: 7/10; Palate: 6/10; Overall: 14/20
Rating: 3.4/5.0
Drinkability: 7/10
Score: **4

riversideAK (5574) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - AUG 23, 2007
Had at the Mammoth Brew Fest. Pours a darker golden color. Spicy fruity aroma. Similar in flavor. Light and yeasty. Very carconated. Pleasant.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
CaptainCougar (7129) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - APR 15, 2007
On tap at the 10th Annual San Diego Strong Ale Festival: Pours a hazy deep golden with a large, pillowy white head. Has a semi-sweet, lightly toasty bready Belgian yeasty aroma. Body starts sweet and biscuity with good clove spice and authentic yeast character. Very true to style and reminiscent of Duvel.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
goldtwins (4320) - Nesconset, New York, USA - FEB 7, 2007
10th Annual SD Strong Ale Fest: Poured a hazy yellow color with a large white head. The aroma was yeasty with a semi-sweet caramel malt. Mild sulfury/corny notes. Caramel malty flavor with a good amount of yeasty notes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Goldorak (439) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 12, 2006
Beautiful golden color, with almost a cidery greenish hue to it. Plenty of bubbles spurting from the bottom to reach the ring of lace sitting on top.
Spicy yeast nose, just a bit of banana in there, and in my best guesstimation some noble hops.
Mid to high carbonation, an interesting mix of spices, cloves and maybe some vanilla, with a honey sweet backbone that holds it well together. Hops become more and more present as you sip along, and matches well with the warm, almost minty alcoholic finish. Nice belgian ale!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Naven (1000) - Poway, California, USA - SEP 6, 2006
UPDATED: APR 17, 2009 According to the news, we were supposed to have 6-7 foot sets today - Yet, here I sit, gazing out into the vast ocean, and all I see is little 1 or 2 foot waves. Still, I paddle out, with my good friend and compadre, Michael, and we hope to salvage this session. You see, Michael is taking a major test tomorrow morning which will decifer whether or not he makes tons of money or continues to bask on the fringe of poverty, like myself. So, in a celebratory mood, I recommend that since the waves are small, we head to Pizza Port. Ahh, pizza port. The smell of thee makes me happy. You are just but a block or two away today. We arrive. Michael, not nearly the beer nerd as I says, "get something light, please" So, as I gaze upon the menu, I see "Revelations" - A Belgian Golden Ale. We sample, we like, we order a pitcher. We enjoy. Delicious. A golden hue gives way to a wonderfully tart, yet subtle belgian flavor, akin to Hennepin. This beer is a perfect addition to the sun, the waves, and the hot women who sit near us at Pizza Port. Again, this was a good day. This was a good beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - AUG 10, 2006
UPDATED: OCT 17, 2009 On draft at Carlsbad Pizza Port. A mysterious and murky gold/yellow. this is a dangerous-looking beer. A yeasty, fruity nose - a belgian-lovers delight. nice hop flavor suprise in addtion to the classic belgian taste. this is a beer with depth. UPDATE: ON tap at Downtown Johnny Brown’s. Pours bright yellow with a poofy white head. This is super smooth at 7.5% ABV (not 8.5 as listed here). Deceptively lethal.