overall

RATINGS: 81   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.55   ABV: -
Our Honey Light beer is truly a unique light beer. We brewed it with only the choicest Cascade hops, a blend of select barley malt, 2-row pilsner and red wheat malts, and real Wisconsin honey.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - SEP 3, 2003
UPDATED: APR 10, 2004 I picked up a six pack of this in Wisconsin. It is a very good honey beer. I like it just about as much as Michelobs honey lager and Leinies Honey Lager.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
hobyahs (24) - USA - NOV 1, 2006
Very smooth, Perfect flavor, Honey taste is very distinct. Absolutely excellent.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pkbites (676) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 21, 2007
This is the first honey based beer I actually really like, and the first light beer I really like. Although I donít think itís actually a "light" beer at 125 calories compared to 96 for other "lights". The alcohol kick seems to be unknown at this time. Iím not much of a honey eater. After all, honey is nothing more than bee puke (well....it is!) And most honey based brews are either waaayyy too sweet or taste like wet cardboard. This one is guilty of neither. It pours to be average looking with a nice thickly sweet nose and bright white head. It has a honey sweetness, but like I said, itís not overly sweet. It has a nice hoppy finish with a spicy aftertaste. I donít like honey, and I donít like light beers. But damn, I really like this, and I will be buying it again. Although I do think it is overpriced.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
TDSol13 (4) - duluth, Minnesota, USA - JAN 29, 2008 does not count
Looks like a regular light beer only less carbonated. Aroma is stong with honey and flavor is very sweet. Drank it right after the most tart beer i have ever had so it was an interesting change of pace. I really liked this one and would buy it again. Preferably in the summer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
valleyguzzler (26) - USA - SEP 22, 2007
Pleasantly surprised by this one. Iím not much of a fan of the other Point beers, but this one is decent. A light beer with more flavor and substance to it. Not a bad choice if you are looking for something different from the heavier micorbrews, but not as plain as the run of the mill light beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
slothgar (39) - Wisconsin, USA - FEB 1, 2005
Light is the key word. Complexity, color, head, all light. Good if you are looking for something else to taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jimmyh221 (157) - Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, USA - NOV 26, 2005
The head from the pour was large but diminishing. The color was a light yellow and it had a nice light tasting flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
GrainBeltGuzzler (249) - Goodhue, Minnesota, USA - MAR 22, 2004
light sweet but drinkable. Not a beer to turn down and would consider buying a six ever now and again

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUL 24, 2004
Very excited to try this offering courtesy of Slikwily. Iíve not had a bad Point Beer. Iím sure this one wonít disappoint. Very nice. If the labe says something with me it better live up to the billing. Its full of honey flavor and its a light beer. Passes the test with me. Mind you, this isnít a upper echelon beer, but its very good and again great for this time of year. It deserves better marks than what its general rating is in my opinion.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
HopsOrDie (687) - New Lenox, Illinois, USA - NOV 15, 2004
Suprising light and refreshing with a honey flavor that you can actually taste. Itís nice to see a beer live up to itís description when it is a light beer. Very clear and light yellow on the pour. Not much in terms of flavor except for the slight honey taste. Point seems to make many beer to satisfy the masses. I wonder what they could do if they tried a big beer.