RATINGS: 195   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.18/5   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
It just wasn’t enough to use a blend of 5 varieties of hops in our India Pale Ale. We needed more. We needed to go wholehog! So, we added a sixth hop and created a more pronounced hop nose and a massive hop flavor for our American twist to this legendary style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 5/20
edfitz (118) - Toledo, Ohio, USA - DEC 30, 2012
Odd 2x IPA because it seems the initial taste is hoppy, but then falls short of expectations. The palate is very crisp and enjoyable but there is nothing spectacular about the beer overall.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Jriggz7 (117) - Indiana, USA - SEP 9, 2012
Bottle. Golden orange body white cap of foam. Sweet orange and floral nose. Body medium and creamy. Toffee , orange, floral, and grapefruit pith burn finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
webbcreative (111) - , Oklahoma, USA - NOV 1, 2009
Poured a nice deep cooper color with 2 finger white head. Aroma = Sweet caramel malt, BA calls this a DIPA and I would tend to agree more with that, BUT Point calls this an IPA, so I gotta review according to that, this is too sweet smelling to be an IPA, and the aroma is decent, but it doesnt have that nice, citrus, piney smell that I like so much. Taste = Again, sweet caramel malt, with big hop bitterness, but no citrus or piney hops, and the taste comes across like medicine. Mouthfeel = For an IPA to thick and sticky. Drinkability = Although it’s 8.5% abv, you would never know it, so its pretty drinkable in that aspect, but overall I wouldn’t be able to put down more than one of these because of the flavor. Overall = If im looking for an IPA [or a DIPA] I would look almost ANYWHERE else but this one for that fix. And its actually getting worse at it warms to me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
mmill527 (85) - Wisconsin, USA - JUN 26, 2014
Aroma is like opening a new bottle of cough medicine. Taste is OK, but this is not an imperial IPA; at least not in my world.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
alassio (83) - USA - SEP 10, 2009
I really liked their Imperial Pilsner, but this is a cascading wall of hops that disappears into a big palate black hole. I would say that you have to work hard to enjoy it, but even working hard doesn’t do it. It has an empty minerally soda pop body that is going into the masaman curry tonight, where it should nicely offset some of the sweetness.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
swenocha (81) - Franklin, Tennessee, USA - APR 20, 2010
Pours amber/orange with solid white head. Not much in the aroma department, slight earthy/pine and slight malt. Flavor is also light caramelish malt with only a touch of hops. Surprised, as the writeup talks of massive hop flavor. Pretty sweet, only slightly bitter. Certainly drinkable, not offensive, but a let down as IPA standards go...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
mellocello (43) - - JUL 19, 2012
Drank from a 12oz bottle. Has a slightly burnt caramel flavor and not so much hop flavor.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
shawn14505 (39) - Rochester, New York, USA - APR 17, 2010
Ahh... well, the ABV hints that this is a DIPA, but there is nothing else in here that suggests that it is. Lightly hopped, not a very big malt backbone. To me, this would be a decent session beer if the ABV wasn’t so high. Sort of like a higher octane Newcastle Brown Ale, with a little addition of hops. Average. Paid $7.99/4 pack.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
BananaBi11 (30) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 13, 2015
Better than was expecting. Very much a "grapefruit, pine, hoppy" beer. Not too special but, like I said, better than was expecting. The taste was there, probably one of the better stevens point brewery beers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
deanls (17) - Eureka, USA - JUN 15, 2013
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2014 Awesome, tried it for the first time I will difinately have more. If you can find it you’ll know why it’s now one of my favorites