overall

RATINGS: 189   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.17   SEASONAL: Series   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
It just wasn’t enough to use a blend of 5 varieties of hops in our India Pale Ale. We needed more. We needed to go wholehog! So, we added a sixth hop and created a more pronounced hop nose and a massive hop flavor for our American twist to this legendary style.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
EagleNet (1) - Missouri, USA - JUL 15, 2011 does not count
I love this beer. When I first tried it, it almost overwhelmed me. I think that the full bodied taste matched up nicely with the hops. Others may want to emphasize the hops and I understand that but I can drink two of these and I am good to GO!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
gobeers (13) - Wisconsin, USA - JUL 9, 2009
Poured from the bottle with a rich frothy head. Aroma was a good balance of hops. Nothing specific but pleasing. Flavor was of toffee malts and hops. Overall a very solid beer. A strong malt backbone to support the hops. A hefty amount of bittering that didn’t burn my tongue. This is what I imagine IPAs once tasted like

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
deanls (16) - Eureka, USA - JUN 15, 2013
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2014 Awesome, tried it for the first time I will difinately have more. If you can find it you’ll know why it’s now one of my favorites

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
onceblind (3934) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUL 25, 2013
Clear copper with a thin foamy white head. Great aroma of passion fruit and bitter grapefruit hoppiness with a sturdy bitter resin backing, mild earthy sweet caramel undertone. Flavor is bitter and resinous but also sweet where it needs to be with caramel covered grapefruit rind, lots of pine, a bit of dank earthy fresh hops, and more leafy bitterness on the finish. Great west-coast IPA from America’s heartland. Just bracing enough to bite, but balanced enough to quaff generously.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dwyerpg (4486) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - APR 22, 2013
I have to say that this is the type of beer that seems to suffer by association. The brewery on the whole is below average, but this beer is pretty good. Lots of hops but a nice malt sweetness in the finish, that leads it to be above-average in sweetness but stil quite enjoyable.

Shag (2584) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - JUN 1, 2010
Well apparently I enjoyed this more than most, but here we go! This poured a copper color with a moderate head. The aroma contains pine, oranges, lemons, and grapefruit. The flavor is on par with the aroma. The aftertaste is quite bitter but with a nice malt backbone. Overall I thought it was a nice beer!

Cybercat (3200) - Georgia, USA - AUG 30, 2010
Has a strong, richly hoppy, almost evergreen aroma with a good undertone of grapefruit. It pours a clear coppery orange with a decent off-white head. Lively, hoppy flavor is typical of a good Imperial IPA and has tones of pine and grapefruit and even a hint of cinnamon. Smooth texture has a firm tingle and leaves behind a bit of a fizz, as well as some grapefruit flavor.

kkleu357 (248) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 31, 2013
Nice grapefruit flavor. Interesting but delightful smell. Point did a nice job on this one. I recommend this one to anyone who wants to try an IPA that differs from the others.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
XmnwildX12 (2078) - Farmington, Minnesota, USA - OCT 19, 2012
Had this at the 2012 Great American Beer Fest in Denver, Colorado. Nice sweet toffee/roast flavor and scent, finishes with a nice bitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
nuplastikk (4271) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 3, 2009
Draft at the OF. Filtered deep orange-brown color. Solid foamy head. All sorts of orange-lemon peel bitterness. Lots of hop character though mostly on the bitter citrus end of the spectrum. Thick malt backbone, this is definitely a full-bodied, rich IIPA. A touch unrefined, but I can appreciate the intense bitterness for what it is. Worth a try, sort of like an overly assertive British IPA.