overall
Brewed by Empresas Polar
Style: Pale Lager
Caracas, Venezuela

RATINGS: 333   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.86/5   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
Cerveza tipo Pilsen. Polar Pilsen, La Auténtica Cerveza. Es envasada en botella ámbar. Potencia las emociones y momentos con un sabor que no empalaga ni satura. Tiene la fórmula original, un sabor distintivo y su botella de color ámbar que preserva mejor su sabor

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
altonbrownd (5405) - Chevy Chase, Maryland, USA - JAN 12, 2009
Bottle from Bier Koning. Golden body. Decent head. Malty and corny flavours. Typical.

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
daknole (10835) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - JAN 9, 2009
Ok so I went on a cheap S American beer buying binge. damn this is another shitty beer. Gold pour. Grainy and nasty. Why bother? Hell I dont know. Piss beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
martinboer (119) - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - JAN 3, 2009

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
mvcramer (243) - Lexington, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 23, 2008
A perfectly reasonable thirst-quenching beer for a tropical climate. Other than that, not much to say about this non-descript offering. It is what it is... you are paying for a beer that is brewed with more emphasis on being refreshing than flavorful. You know what you are getting with it. Fairly non-descript

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
cbeers21 (693) - Miami, Florida, USA - DEC 20, 2008
Good to see polar bears being represented in Venezuela. Havent had this in years, but it was the only brew at a BBQ so i figured why not. Looks and smells like your typical Latin American lager, but I was surprised at the robustness of malty flavor, which was pleasing. I could see this brew doing well in the summertime. Granted, I wont return to this voluntarily, but it certainly exceed my expectations and it is good for what it is.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
egajdzis (6004) - Pennsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 24, 2008
So this review begins in a hungover state of mind. A bus tour through Aruba, on small streets with a big bus, going very fast didn’t help matters much. The final stop on our tour was supposed to be a snorkeling destination. I’m thinking fantastic, we’ll probably see a shipwreck or at least some fish! Well, we end up at Baby Beach, with a view of the picturesque Valero oil refinery in the background. I could only imagine the fish we’d see (think about the 3-eyed fish from The Simpsons). I tried my best to not even touch the water, and if you told me that the water from this beach was used to brew this beer, I wouldn’t have been surprised. I’d give the appearance of the beach a 1 but since this is about the beer, I give a 2. Aroma, not much better, some grains, stray dog, and a bit of toe funk. It was hot outside, so this pale lager provided a bit of thirst quench, with doughy malt, some citrus, and sweet corn led way to the nasty sourness, and metal; which actually seemed appropriate for my current surroundings. Just a bad beer, but seemed to compliment my experience appropriately.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Sparky (2244) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - SEP 14, 2008
Bottle courtesy of Daknole. Pours a clear light yellow with a one finger snow white had and zero lacing. Nose is malt and sweet corn. Taste is biscuity malt and light hops with a pilsner ryish finish. Light mouth feel. Not terrible – refreshing after a hot day.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
presario (4902) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 6, 2008
Bottle in Miami. Gold, well carbonated but no head. Thin aroma, hints at grass, vegetable and a trace of hops. Sweet flavour. A bit of cookie. Drinkable lager even as it warms.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
KUEric (934) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - SEP 4, 2008
Little 8 oz bottle in Curacao. Tastes like Rolling Rock to me. Nothing special at all.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Borresteijn (6282) - Zaandam, NETHERLANDS - AUG 10, 2008
Several bottles & taps @ Isla de Margarita, april 2008. Very refreshing watery pilsener, sweet corn taste with a hint of citrus. Ideal beer in the hot sun.