overall

RATINGS: 1299   WEIGHTED AVG: 4   IBU: 182   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
First brewed in 2002 to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the original Pizza Port location in Solana Beach, we searched high and low and combined 15 of our favorite hops which were added every 15 minutes to the boil. Somewhat darker than other Double IPA style beers, our beer oozes the hop goodness of pine needles, freshly squeezed citrus and ground spices which are only moderately tempered by a sweet malt finish. Thankfully, for all of us hopheads, we have decided to brew this beer more than once a year. Look for Hop 15 to make appearances from time to time when space permits us to brew this, one of our favorite ales.
Alcohol content varies. Spring 2012 batch is 11% ABV. Spring 2013 is 10%.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
miquelcrush (97) - Granollers, SPAIN - APR 22, 2014
Cervesa on predominen molt els diferents llúpols, en boca la malta li dona una cremositat molt agradable. Cerveza donde predominan mucho los diferentes lúpulos, en boca la malta le da una cremosidad muy agradable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
PhilJackson80 (254) - Oklahoma, USA - APR 19, 2014
22 oz Bomber. Tasted on 4/19/14. No bottle date. The beer has a copper color with a very thick off white head. The aroma has a sweet caramel, pungent citrus hops, some grapefruit notes. The taste has a very bitter bite upfront backed up a a slightly sweet malt and finished with a long hop bitter finish that lingers. Not too sweet and has a great aroma to it. A very well balanced DIPA. Would buy again! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
dojken (154) - - APR 5, 2014
Du möts av mycket skum sedan kommer smaken av gödsel, friskt hav och torkad frukt. Bra balans i smaken med toner av lakrits o torkad frukt o avslutas med för amerikanarna typisk god beska.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 9/20
sagmarium (73) - SPAIN - MAR 30, 2014
All the flavours comes from the hops. With 10% is difficult to find other flavours body complet and balanced

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
john_chaney (16) - - MAR 27, 2014
Purchased bottle at Wholefoods in Glen Mills, Pa. Just delivered. Poured into Brewdog 2/3 pint glass. Poured hazy orange amber with a finger of off white head. I was anxious to try this one as Pizza Port has a great reputation. My initial taste was put off by a predominant doughy flavor. I finished the bottle,but, was unable to get past that initial taste. I think I might have had a bad bottle??? The beer I had was a substandard IPA.

Bule (579) - California, USA - MAR 24, 2014
22oz bottle pours a hazy amber color without much head. Lots of hops a creamy maltiness. Alcohol noticeable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Damnation (6) - Rohnert Park, California, USA - MAR 21, 2014 does not count
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2014 On tap @ Beercraft (RP). Wasnt expecting much, but this beer really surprised me. Well balanced and smooth for a high ABV beer. Enjoyed and felt the 2 pints all night.

IPAjimmy (2) - - MAR 21, 2014 does not count
My favorite beer - I have drank it in at least 3 countries now and bottle or tap - it is divine. I prefer more hoppiness and less malt - this is the perfect balance for me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
nrbirge (3) - - MAR 20, 2014 does not count
Aroma: Piney, hoppy Appearance: somewhat hazy, wlmost like a wheat Taste: very hoppy, but not overpowering, smooth Palate: mild finish, but apparently more bitter than it feels Overall: very nice +4/5

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beertholomeus (548) - California, USA - MAR 19, 2014
Pours a golden orange color with a white head. Hop, citrus, pine and malt aroma. Mango, orange, grapefruit, passion fruit, pine, biscuit and malt flavors. Medium body with lots of carbonation. Citrusy bitterness with a mango hop finish.