overall

RATINGS: 1347   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.01   IBU: 182   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
First brewed in 2002 to celebrate the 15th anniversary of the original Pizza Port location in Solana Beach, we searched high and low and combined 15 of our favorite hops which were added every 15 minutes to the boil. Somewhat darker than other Double IPA style beers, our beer oozes the hop goodness of pine needles, freshly squeezed citrus and ground spices which are only moderately tempered by a sweet malt finish. Thankfully, for all of us hopheads, we have decided to brew this beer more than once a year. Look for Hop 15 to make appearances from time to time when space permits us to brew this, one of our favorite ales.
Alcohol content varies. Spring 2012 batch is 11% ABV. Spring 2013 is 10%.

djtimeless (222) - Colorado, USA - AUG 22, 2007
Great beer. Pours out dark red IPA style. Very hoppy with crisp bite. Sweet malty finish. No super green after taste. The best imperial IPA.

mrhoppy (1285) - Santa Clara, California, USA - JUN 29, 2009
UPDATED: MAY 6, 2010 Nice Hoppy nose but not over the top. Probably because their was virtually no head to lift it out of the glass. Alcohol hits you right away. Big bitter hop bomb. Heavy duty Pine with toasty coconut finish. I thought I would like this more being from Port. The sweetness if there is any is buried by copious amounts of big green hops. Definitely not balanced. If you want to be slapped in the face with hops this beer is for you. I understand what they were trying to accomplish with this beer. They said OK you want hops! We’ll give you hops! They did! By the time you get to the bottom of you glass nothing matters and your hooked. RE-RATE 5-6-10 I friggin’ love this beer. Holy shit where’s my woman....know what I mean? It makes other beers similar in style look flawed. The creaminess has to be experienced because it can’t be explained. A HOP HEADS DREAM! If you see Kay!! Tell her I love her!

epiphyte707 (66) - eureka, California, USA - NOV 13, 2012
On tap, local beer bar eureka CA. Gorgeous exotic aroma of pine trees, fruits, and hints of Carmel. Super complex yet organized chaos flavors of pineapple, pine needles, lemon Peel, and fresh squeezed hops. Lingering delightful bitterness. If u get this one hold.it and don’t let go. I would jump with joy if a pizza place was serving this.

spacemonster (81) - Igo, California, USA - OCT 25, 2013
smells like Hop resin. nice. looks cloudy and rich, no head to speak of.Taste is buckets of lovely Hops. Fresh bottle from quality liquors thank you Vinny. Wow. This is wonderful. slick resinous mouth-feel. The hops fading into a nice malt rush then the hops comeback for a reprise. One of the best IIPA’s around. The hops they use just kick-ass. Dynamite Ale!

IPAjimmy (2) - - MAR 21, 2014 does not count
My favorite beer - I have drank it in at least 3 countries now and bottle or tap - it is divine. I prefer more hoppiness and less malt - this is the perfect balance for me.

MRodgers1982 (101) - USA - SEP 24, 2014
Perfection, awesome grass pine aroma with added fruit hop sense. Flavor was equally as good. Crisp hoppy and just plane great!!!!

Broncosnbeer101 (11) - Denver, USA - OCT 7, 2014
Poured at GABF on of the most impressive IPAs ever. Perfect grass citrus and pine. Smell and equivalent flavors persist throughout beer. Such a great example of an IPA at its finest.

Hipsterchick (21) - Los Angeles, California, USA - OCT 11, 2014
Hipster hop perfection. I can’t do a rumble more than the hops do along the palate. Killer hoppy brew, grass, light oily lupine aroma and flavor. Unreal finish. Off the shelf. Impress anyone bringing thus to the party.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
orderofjames (6) - Dana Point, California, USA - MAY 3, 2008 does not count
I’m in Hop Heaven. There is nothing bad I can say about this beer. Hopheads rejoice!!!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
lemasney (398) - Trenton, New Jersey, USA - JAN 24, 2009
Style and Glass: DIPA, Snifter; tulip ABV, Volume & Calories: 10.5 % in 22 fl oz. estimated at 400 C Purchased at: The Six Pack Store, Roosevelt Blvd., Philadelphia, PA for $9.00 Aroma: flowery citrus burn, soft but speaks of quality and heft. Visuals: A very nice package — inviting but not overwhelming, hop bomb motif is especially enticing, murky after adding sediment, but brilliantly clear at first pour. Deep, dark orange with staying white head and sticky lace. Hard to see through. Taste: A screaming fit of sugar malt and piercing hop bitterness. It literally hurts the back of my mouth and tongue. It is amazing. The burn goes on for nearly a minute. A sensory experience like no other. The citrus, pepper, and it must be capsaicin, I can’t believe that any other additive would burn like this. It is used to a special and wondrous effect. Bravo. Palate: Piercing, biting, and hoppy. Burning, sweet, and bitter. Coating and delicious. Overall: It is a stand alone in imperial IPAs. None other have exactly the ssame effect. In a long line of collectible duplicates, this DIPA stands alone. Very, very well done, and memorable. originally posted at: <a href="http://beercritic.wordpress.com/2009/01