Portsmouth Blueberry Ale
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 14   MEAN: 3.12/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01   SEASONAL: Summer   ABV: -

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
keepersj12 (2742) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - JUL 22, 2014
Decent but not great. Not much blueberry in the aroma. mostly malt and caramel. Same with the flavor. Just a faint blueberry essence.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ben4321 (4066) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - AUG 19, 2013
Location: Draft at the Brewpub, 7/12/13

Aroma: A nice mix of bready and caramel malts, grassy hops, and, of course, blueberry
Appearance: It pours a ruby-orange color, with a small head and some light lacing
Flavor: The taste is much the same, the blueberry is present, not fake, and doesn’t overpower
Palate: It has a light but not watery feel to it, it is clean and easy drinking
Overall Impression: Overall, this is a tasty blueberry beer. Anytime you are in Maine/NH in the summer you see a lot of blueberry beers. Some of them have all the fake blueberry flavor and nothing else, some of them have a nice, fresh blueberry feel that doesn’t overpower everything else. I prefer the later category. This one is one of those.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
markwise (4525) - North of Tampa, Florida, USA - JUL 17, 2012
On draft at Portsmouth Brewery. Pours a clear amber with red highlights. Nose is blueberry extract, lots of sweetness, and a bit of caramel. Flavor is similar- blueberry extract, some malts. Light to medium in body and not really my style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
oteyj (2130) - New Hampshire, USA - JUL 5, 2012
On tap at the brewery. Reddish purple brown pour with a small white head. Bready malt and juicy blueberry nectar is pretty much all one will find in this summer quencher. Not overly complex of mind blowing, but great for what it is. Light body with a juicy finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
swoopjones (6106) - Buffalo, New York, USA - SEP 4, 2011
Berry colored pour. Fruity/ berry aroma. Decent blueberry flavor, seems genuine. A nice summer fruit beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
AirForceHops (3414) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - AUG 22, 2010
Tod gave us a nice tour yesterday. This one is brewed with real blueberries, no artificial flavors or additives. No over- powering berry smell, like some other blueberry ales I’ve had. This is what I would call high end for it’s style. Very good summer drinker!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jblauvs (1340) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 17, 2009
Reddish brown pour, Really a Fantastic looking beer. Served with blueberries. Malty aroma with some subtle blueberry notes. Flavor was pleasant, not overly sweet or syrupy. The base beer was caramel malty and the blueberry complimented this nicely. A nicely done blueberry ale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Immy (1955) - Virginia Beach, USA - JAN 3, 2009
On tap at the brewpub. Clear reddish amber with a white head, served in a shaker with a dozen or so blueberries tossed in. Fresh, sweet blueberry nose and flavor, light sweet caramel. Far better than I expect from a beer like this.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
OldRaspy (292) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - AUG 26, 2008
On tap at the brewpub. Color was a light brown with a purple tint and a small tan head with several buleberries floating in the pint. Aroma was a slightly sweet malt with blueberry undertones.Flavor was initially sweet malt followed by a sight hop bitterness with the sweet blueberry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Pastor (797) - Skowhegan, Maine, USA - JUL 11, 2008
I drank two of these today nothing else at the brewery. It arrived in my Imperial pint club glass with a hand full of big blueberries bouncing up and down. The body color on this was fantastic, bright and clear blueberry juice color toped of with a small off white head Smells like fresh blueberries and being a Mainer I think I can say that with authority. Along with 120 pounds of the berries into 7 bbl of beer that is what I’d expect Now for the taste I had one of these after drinking a pint of DIPA yesterday and I thought it might be a bit sweeter than the last batch (should have realized anything after a 100 IBU beer would be sweet) Tod even brought up the brew sheet to prove it was the same. Today it was a different story that is all I drank so I will say it has the typical sweet blueberry flavor. I know some is from the malts. In the end there is a slight bitterness as well not from the hops but from the blueberries themselves IMHO The brew drinks light and crisp in the mouthfeel. Good carbonation watched the blueberries bounce up and down for a while. I had two of these today and I would have had a third but at 5% and it being a nice day. The downtown crawling was with Portsmouth finest I settled on two. The paper on the bar in front of me had an article how the upped the DWI patrols. A good blueberry beer one of the best I have had so far. I even got my wife to drink it and she thought it was better than Kate