Portsmouth Coffee Milk Stout
     click to upload
overall

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 3.79/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.59   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
(...)this batch of Milk we added some house made Coffee extract too. We use some micro Roasted Costa Rican coffee beans from Buena Beans. We did a cold water extraction to leave behind the oils and acridness, but still have great flavor and aroma. the coffee is so great in this beer. You need to get in here for this one. 28IBU

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
DonMagi (5596) - bantervile, Bedfordshire, ENGLAND - AUG 17, 2009
Cask at GBBF09. Alround rating: Citrusy pine to start with then the chocolate kicks in, on the sweetside, but very good and very tasty.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
maeib (8750) - Wootton, Northampton, Northamptonshire, ENGLAND - AUG 12, 2009
Cask Conditioned Gravity Dispense GBBF 09. A black beer with a tiny ring of beige bubbles. A lovely aroma with chocolate, milk and roasted malts. The coffee in the nose is more subdued. Nice and roasty choc in the mouth with hot milk notes. A bit of a herby coddled finish.

oh6gdx (20619) - Vasa, FINLAND - AUG 11, 2009
Cask@GBBF2009 (as Milk Coffee Stout). Deep brownish amber colour, small brown head. Aroma is bigtime roasted malts, smokke and wooden along with caramel and syrup. Flavour is much the same along with some coffee and tar. Big smoky finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
chriso (7396) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 8, 2009
Cask (gravity) at GBBF 2009, Day 1. Billed as Milk Coffee Stout rather than vice versa but I guess this is the same stuff. Very dark - almost black. Actually quite dry and fairly heavily roasted. Clean mouthfeel, not too fat. Plenty of flavour. Coffee (of the bitter, Arabica type) is more prominent than the milky element. Enjoyable without being a blockbuster.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
TBone (12816) - Pori, FINLAND - AUG 5, 2009
Cask@GBBF. Opaque black color, no head. Intensive aroma of licorice and coffee. Sweet licorice, coffee, some roasted malts in the flavor. Smooth, not very burned but sweetish. Nice.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Pastor (797) - Skowhegan, Maine, USA - JUL 7, 2009
I have been trying to get these guys to brew a coffee stout for a while. So imagine my surprise to try this one today. Nitro tap pour into my Imperial Pint glass the thing looked gorgeous. I love nitro pours, big off white creamy looking head that went to a nice lace. The body of the brew was a typical stout black color. Great coffee aroma came up from my glass although this is my first coffee flavored stout from the tap I was very impressed. There was also a nice sweetness from the lactose that made it way thru as well. The flavor was extremely balanced I think sometimes the milk stouts can be too sweet for me. With the coffee flavors to add to the bitter made this much more drinkable in my book. Like I said I love a nitro pour it really make the mouthfeel stand out thick and creamy are two words I would use to describe it. Yes this is drinkable I had two glasses back to back. I ended up with the jitters but it was worth it. I’ll have another tomorrow