overall
Brewed by Cervecería Nacionál Dominicana (AB-Inbev)
Style: Pale Lager
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

RATINGS: 690   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.93   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Presidente is a Dominican icon of quality and pride. This leading product of great tradition has maintained a vigorous presence in the local market for almost seventy years and has kept a strong linkage with freshness, entertainment and young adults. Presidente is a Pilsner type beer made from top quality raw materials that definitely makes it the best beer, the real taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Kevinusa (1) - USA - JAN 12, 2006 does not count
This beer taste very good, it´s one of the best beer i´ve tried so far! two thumbs up!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
JoeMcPhee (8622) - Toronto, ON, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 4, 2006
Thanks to my sister for dragging this one back from the Dominican. Very pale golden colour, thin white head. Pale malt aroma, a trace of grassiness. Quite clean tasting. No skunkiness, no metallic character. Flavour is quite thin and non-descript but there is a bit of malt some light grassy hop flavour. Pretty quaffable and much better than I would have thought.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
wheatbeerboy (103) - Addison, Illinois, USA - DEC 28, 2005
I tried this beer when I was in Puerto Rico. My father-in-law is from the Dominican Republic and he wanted me to try it. I didn’t think it was all that bad.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Fish (440) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 26, 2005
Surprisingly didn’t like this stuff as much as it’s lighter brother. This is perhaps the first light/heavy pair that I have preferred in such an order. The main difference between Presidente and Presidente Light, I’d say, is a honey sweetness the malts have; though unfortunately this only brings out the sour flavor of the malt. Stick with the light stuff, it comes in bigger bottles anyway.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Nekronos (3646) - Xalapa, MEXICO - DEC 25, 2005
UPDATED: APR 30, 2006 NOt so good. It has this honney alike aroma, that same Holsten has. The flavour is a little normal, not bad at all.

1.3
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Magjayran (1379) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - NOV 30, 2005
This is one of those beers that I drank and rated just to get a new country in my stats. From a bottle, it pours a golden yellow with about a finger of white head that sticks around. Aroma isn’t incredibly offensive. Simple and sort of malty smell with a bit of adjunct. Very watery tasting with with a wretched aftertaste that I’m sure took years to develop. I can feel it giving me an upset stomach. Yuck.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
TheBeerGod (5350) - Newport News, Virginia, USA - NOV 20, 2005
Brought back from my wife’s grandparents on their trip to the Dominican Republic. Canned version. Pours a fizzy straw yellow. Very "sickly" looking. Aroma is kind of sweet ith light corn notes, some metallic hints (why do most cans of swill have that metallic scent?), and watery grass. Body is seltzer-like with lots of carbonation and a lightly chalky feel. Finishes with light straw, some corny notes, and a spalsh of bitterness. Could be worse.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
GarrettB (1097) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 13, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 15, 2007 Normally I don’t trust anything with the appellation “Presidente”. It’s a title dripping with connotations of nepotism, despotism, cigars and fan-cooled offices in Spanish style mansions. But this beer wasn’t half bad, for a pale lager. I expected the monotonous skunkiness and the trite pale lager hops frequently expunged from the macro-Caribbean breweries, but found it refreshingly bright like Corona or Carib. I wouldn’t have it again, but I do appreciate the effort in a locale where the relaxed atmosphere belies a respectable industry. A tourist sometimes feels that the government bureaucrats on these islands have long since shirked their responsibilities in favor of greasy politics and well made mojitos. Good to see the brewers haven’t done the same.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
ElPresidente1984 (173) - Maine, USA - NOV 5, 2005
I am partial, being from the Dominican Republic. This beer may not be for the more snobbish beer enthusiast. pours light yellow,a bit of a skunky aroma easy to drink. Must be enjoyed ice cold on a 90 degree caribbean beach. when enjoyed this way the flavor is secondary, its the whole enviroment that matters. what can i say i grew up on this stuff.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Borrrris (110) - LINDENHURST, New York, USA - NOV 4, 2005
Bottle. I guess you had to be there - Dominican Republic that is - to appreciate this. Standing outside a deli in Manhattan in November I thought it was one of the worst beers I ever had. Unpleasant aroma, odd mix of off flavors, as overly carbonated as warm soda, and thin. BUY AGAIN: No way.