overall
Brewed by Cervecería Nacionál Dominicana (Grupo León Jimenes)
Style: Pale Lager
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

RATINGS: 641   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.93   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Presidente is a Dominican icon of quality and pride. This leading product of great tradition has maintained a vigorous presence in the local market for almost seventy years and has kept a strong linkage with freshness, entertainment and young adults. Presidente is a Pilsner type beer made from top quality raw materials that definitely makes it the best beer, the real taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
JFGrind (1810) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 1, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 2, 2004 Picked up a twenty-two ounce bottle. Always wanted to try this beer but never wanted to risk purchasing a whole six-pack. I made the right move buying the double duce for $1.50 USD. Skunked beer, light color, light flavor. Nothing to write home about here. My nephew says Mexicans love this beer. It’s in the same vane as a Corona, Pacifica, etc.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
jiminnc (1) - North Carolina, USA - OCT 28, 2004 does not count
At dinner in DR this beer is very flavourful and not overpowering. The tap is prefered and has an even head that dissipates quickly with an uncommon fizz of carbonation though not disconcertingly splashy. The initial taste is strong with a relatively fast disapearance so I really liked it for not making other flavors of exotic foods dimminish, followed by very little aftertaste. I refered this to friends who only drank the mixed fruity liquer drinks and all were impressed, even those who swore beer wasn’t for them. I would liken this beer as a fizzy wine because it seems to have most characteristics of a mid grade wine while not lingering and not overpowering, except for the "BURRP". I didn’t try the bottled variety, "all inclusive vacation" , but I did try many other beers including european and American and I will look for Presidente Beer in other carribean locals in my travels.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jsquire (3337) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - OCT 23, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2009 So I’m at Beers of the World and grabbed a bunch of random counties. This Dominican Republic beer was one of them. This green bottle is very skunked. When I openned the bottle the skunk smell slapped me in the face. It has an odd, almost day-glow yellow color to it. Very lively on the palate in a distracting way. Watery, but you can taste the "corn grits." Corny, with a distinct alcohol burn in the finish. Not a good beer. I’d like to try it locally one day, but I can’t imagine the circumstances that would take me to the Dominican Republic. Re-rate - So I got to try this on St. Martin, and the aroma was much cleaner and my overall impression was much better. I don’t know why they haul this stuff all the way up here when it doesn’t seem to hold up well. I bumped my scores a little to reflect a fresher sample.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - OCT 15, 2004
Dubya’s favorite beer because its his job in Mexican. eh. It was ok. near the end it felt more like a malt liquor than a lager.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
joeec5 (204) - bayonne, New Jersey, USA - OCT 4, 2004
UPDATED: APR 10, 2005 this was an enjoyable beer indeed...maybe only because i was on vacation in the DR and it was on tap. After coco locos and pina coladas all day these were a nice drink in the evening or after a serious volleyball match,,hence the high overall impression.very refreshing,,clean tasting. better than i expected

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
TheRimmer (483) - Florida, USA - SEP 19, 2004
75 character limit. Can i just right "HAHAHA" for 75 characters and call it even? 95 people have given this a legit rating, who am i to break that trend? Usual skunk lager stink. overtly clean and unabrassive. finishes bland. i guess its cheap, someone bought it for me. 6% it cant be all bad.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jcc83 (137) - Athens, Georgia, USA - SEP 13, 2004
Poured a pale gold with a generous white head and streams of carbonation. Predictably, this beer was watery and thin, weak and skunky, but nevertheless refreshing. No offensive flavors, and really quite crisp and quenching. Another good beer for summer grilling.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Dickinsonbeer (5076) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - AUG 26, 2004
7 oz. bottle. I honestly bought a case of this jsut becuase of the small cool bottles and I could reuse them for homebrew. For $11 a case- it isnt a bad deal. The color is almost like miller lite and tastes very watered down. However- it didnt have any offf flavors and was quite refreshing. I was actually surprised with how much I didnt hate this beer. It was kinda good. Im gonna buy more jsut cuz of the small bottles. They will be perfect for homebrewing some strong stuff.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - AUG 18, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 19, 2004 Hm, a Dominican beer, a first for me I think. Has a distinctively urban taste, hard to define exactly what that means, but it’s urban. Harsh aftertaste, light red-gold color. Bottle says " pilsner-style", but tastes doubtful... I could be wrong.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
RedEft (154) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - AUG 3, 2004
This stuff got me curious. Very skunky aroma. Bottle says brewed with "finest corn grits". Maybe that’s what I’m tasting, difficult to describe...not unpleasant, but not something I’d readily reach for again. Very fizzy, aggressive bite with alcohol aftertaste.