overall
Brewed by Cervecería Nacionál Dominicana (AB-Inbev)
Style: Pale Lager
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

RATINGS: 690   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.93   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Presidente is a Dominican icon of quality and pride. This leading product of great tradition has maintained a vigorous presence in the local market for almost seventy years and has kept a strong linkage with freshness, entertainment and young adults. Presidente is a Pilsner type beer made from top quality raw materials that definitely makes it the best beer, the real taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
wiseman (6) - Washington DC, USA - JUL 5, 2005 does not count
surprisingly good pilsner. I think the other raters may have gotten an old one, I liked this one. Not quite as good as Pilsner Urquell, etc, but very good. Cheap too!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
bkurtz (866) - PERU - JUN 27, 2005
(bottle) Poured a typical pale yellow. Smooth, but little taste. What a shame.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
blankboy (6286) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 27, 2005
Bottle shared with GregClow, tupalev & jerc -- courtesy of jerc. Thank goodness I shared this one, I’d hate to have a whole bottle of this to myself. Pours a pale yellow with a small, mostly diminishing, white head. Skunky aroma. (Stupid green bottles!) Flavour is grainy malts and corn but in the worst way. This is awful.

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
GregClow (2916) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 18, 2005
Bottle shared with blankboy, tupalev & jerc - courtesy of jerc. Pale yellow colour, skunky aroma. Flavour is bland and grainy. Not very good.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Gorbalev (2958) - Ontario, CANADA - JUN 18, 2005
Why must we do this to ourselves? Sort of derailed the quality tasting (labatt notwithstanding) but a new country, horray! Offensive dark yellow corn taste. Yuck. I wouldn’t bring this beer within a hundred leagues of my city.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
jercraigs (8091) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 17, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 3, 2005 Re-Rate July 1 2005. Can. In substantially better shape than the bottle I sampled. Pale yellow, smallish white head. Vegetal corny (?) aroma mixed with grain and muted hops. Similar flavour, little less corn in the flavour. Remind me of a slightly less malty Heineken actually. Meh. Uninspired but I could knock back a few on the beach if given the opportunity. 5/3/5/2/10 <P> Original Rating Bottle. Courtesy or Mssr. Poirier. Pale macro yellow with a small white head diminishes fast. Bit hops if grainy and or mildly skunky.Touch of bitterness, fairly watery. I also have a can from the Mattecky Honeymoon in the fridge, perhaps it will have fared better on the trip.

1.4
   AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
crazyvin (1996) - New York, USA - JUN 6, 2005
light, watery yet still slightly enjoyable. Mostly greian like malt flavors with out any hops what so ever. smooth finish. Good on hot days.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Nejhleader (1270) - Lemoyne, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 31, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 25, 2006 parents brought me home a six pack from the dominican republic, don’t know how they got that through customes but hey whatever.. fairly light, smooth, went down easy but nothing special. I like it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
robpet (98) - Stone Mountain, Georgia, USA - MAY 3, 2005
The bottle says a Pilsener type beer. What the heck is that? It did have a slight pilsener like aroma and taste, but most it was just sort of average lager. It started poor, seemed to get better toward the middle of the glass, and then finished poor. Go figure. Slightly watery taste, more bitter finish than the average American lager, but still not a great beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
raymow (850) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 28, 2005
Better than I expected, though I wasn’t expecting much. Drinkable, but I wouldn’t go out of my way trying to find this one.