overall
Brewed by Cervecería Nacionál Dominicana (AB-Inbev)
Style: Pale Lager
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

RATINGS: 677   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.93   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Presidente is a Dominican icon of quality and pride. This leading product of great tradition has maintained a vigorous presence in the local market for almost seventy years and has kept a strong linkage with freshness, entertainment and young adults. Presidente is a Pilsner type beer made from top quality raw materials that definitely makes it the best beer, the real taste.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Pailhead (4783) - Brownstown, Michigan, USA - DEC 5, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 14, 2004 On tap: Light malty, skunk, and corn. Pale yellow with a white head. Okay retention. Lightly sweet up front with a skunky corn hop finish. Slightly better than the Bohemia Especial. Very similar to Miller Lite. Much better from the bottle than on tap.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
caesar (5075) - Bunnik/Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - DEC 2, 2004
Typical pale lager, brewed in a country where thirst quenching is more important than taste. So, it’s not great, but on a hot day in the Dominican Republic, i would definitely drink this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
krandy (2) - Newport, Delaware, USA - DEC 1, 2004 does not count
Wonderfully refreshing with excellent taste, full of hops with a clean finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
skortila (4484) - Baarn, NETHERLANDS - NOV 29, 2004
Grainy aroma and taste. Sweet, quite fresh. Some malts, little hop. Not really great.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
hotstuff (4072) - Indiana, USA - NOV 17, 2004
Bottle. Poured a medium sized fizzy white head with sparse lacing, transparent, fast rising carbonation, and a yellow hue. Malty, skunky aroma. Malty aroma. Slightly tingly mouthfeel. Light bodied. Nothing great going on here.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
pineypower (2504) - Pine Barrens, New Jersey, USA - NOV 6, 2004
Had this one for the first time on the beach in St Martin, so I guess my rating may be a little high due to the setting. Drank right out of the bottle. Had a typical aroma you’d expect from this style, but does not taste nearly as bad as Corona. Must enjoy this one ice cold or it will taste terrible, must also make sure its fresh, or it will also taste terrible.....ie don’t have it unless you are pretty close to the DR.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
JFGrind (1843) - Glenside, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 1, 2004
UPDATED: NOV 2, 2004 Picked up a twenty-two ounce bottle. Always wanted to try this beer but never wanted to risk purchasing a whole six-pack. I made the right move buying the double duce for $1.50 USD. Skunked beer, light color, light flavor. Nothing to write home about here. My nephew says Mexicans love this beer. It’s in the same vane as a Corona, Pacifica, etc.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
jiminnc (1) - North Carolina, USA - OCT 28, 2004 does not count
At dinner in DR this beer is very flavourful and not overpowering. The tap is prefered and has an even head that dissipates quickly with an uncommon fizz of carbonation though not disconcertingly splashy. The initial taste is strong with a relatively fast disapearance so I really liked it for not making other flavors of exotic foods dimminish, followed by very little aftertaste. I refered this to friends who only drank the mixed fruity liquer drinks and all were impressed, even those who swore beer wasn’t for them. I would liken this beer as a fizzy wine because it seems to have most characteristics of a mid grade wine while not lingering and not overpowering, except for the "BURRP". I didn’t try the bottled variety, "all inclusive vacation" , but I did try many other beers including european and American and I will look for Presidente Beer in other carribean locals in my travels.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
jsquire (3444) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - OCT 23, 2004
UPDATED: OCT 22, 2009 So I’m at Beers of the World and grabbed a bunch of random counties. This Dominican Republic beer was one of them. This green bottle is very skunked. When I openned the bottle the skunk smell slapped me in the face. It has an odd, almost day-glow yellow color to it. Very lively on the palate in a distracting way. Watery, but you can taste the "corn grits." Corny, with a distinct alcohol burn in the finish. Not a good beer. I’d like to try it locally one day, but I can’t imagine the circumstances that would take me to the Dominican Republic. Re-rate - So I got to try this on St. Martin, and the aroma was much cleaner and my overall impression was much better. I don’t know why they haul this stuff all the way up here when it doesn’t seem to hold up well. I bumped my scores a little to reflect a fresher sample.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
tsarman (794) - Northern, New Jersey, USA - OCT 15, 2004
Dubya’s favorite beer because its his job in Mexican. eh. It was ok. near the end it felt more like a malt liquor than a lager.