RATINGS: 131   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.31/5   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Using the original ingredients from when it was first brewed in 1897, we took the liquid back to its roots and made a highly sessionable everyday beer. \Bottled version brewed by the Miller plant in Irvindale, CA for the Primo Malting & Brewing Company (Pabst).
Draft version brewed by the Keoki Brewing Company on Hawaii.

Made with Pure Island Cane. First brewed in 1897.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Blairgus (3571) - California, USA - NOV 28, 2011
28 Nov 2011, bottle. bright, light yellow, clear, steady bubbles, foamy head. nose is a crisp, bitter lager. thin body and fizzy. very crisp, bitter lager. fairly decent as far as lagers go.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
troyc (2870) - Illinois, USA - NOV 2, 2011
[Bottle] Pours a very light yellow color with a fizzy white head. Sweet nose of sugar cane and corn syrup. Smells a little oxidized too. The taste is grainy, with hints of metal and lingering sweetness. Champagne-like carbonation. Yikes! I only bought a bomber of this, but I really had to choke it down.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Title_10 (22) - Portland, Oregon, USA - OCT 7, 2011
This is basically an island bud light. Disappointed to hear the bottles are brewed in CA and only the kegs in HI. Very little aroma which matches its very little taste. If u just want to chill and drink a light lager while helping to preserve the environment and culture of The Islands, this is will get the job done.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
AWMiller (512) - Mansfield, Texas, USA - SEP 22, 2011
Another brew enjoyed while vacationing in Maui, Hawaii. When I saw this on the cooler shelf I knew I had to try it for two basic reasons; (1) it was the last one on the shelf, and (2) I have never tried it before and have never seen it in my area! This brew had a fantastic flavor that was making me take it nice and slow so that I could enjoy it for as long as I could! This brew is made with pure Hawaiian cane sugar and that makes for one fantastic tasting brew! This is truly wonderful as the company for this brew falls under the Pabst/Miller corporate structure and they have graciously kept from meddling around and mucking up the production of this tasty brew!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Nik925 (779) - USA - AUG 9, 2011
This looked pretty good, esp. for a lager. Optimistic that a this was a Pabst sugar-cane lager. Horrible. I can’t be certain that the palate was a 1 as it was hard to get over the bad taste. Got it at an island grocery so figured it was somewhat fresh. ’Refreshing on a beach’...blah blah...drink some water to hydrate yourself if you are thirsty and then get a good beer and watch the sunset.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bcoble003 (275) - Aiea, Hawaii, USA - AUG 3, 2011
Wow Pabst/miller actually made something worth drinking! nice dark amber color, very strong smell of hops it actually blew me away when the waitress put it infront of me, Tasts of sweetness and very smooth going down, over all a very good beer..

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - JUL 31, 2011
UPDATED: AUG 1, 2011 [Bottle] Clear golden hue, decent head formation. Cooked cereal aroma. Sweet malty flavor, cereal, lemon and honey. Light, well carbonated body, just a touch of bitterness in the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
jbunderwood (3) - Brookfield, Ohio, USA - JUL 18, 2011 does not count
This beer has almost no aroma and a very light taste followed by a slightly bitter after taste. I did not know this was a Miller product when I purchased it. Not that it would change my opinion but I feel a little duped in that I thought I was buying a microbrew. Live and learn I guess.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
tennessejed420 (926) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUL 12, 2011
bottle on the beach. Made with sugar cane and you can detect this aspect in the flavor, giving it a sweet - wood like aspect, along with corn starch and water. Light in body, not much going on in the aroma. No offensive, off flavors here, so I can say it will do the job for a light lager on the beach.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jhliesen (786) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUN 26, 2011
Bottle: Yellow light orange color with a medium, fizzy heads that doesn’t last. Corn aroma and corn tasting. Has that frosted flake aftertaste. Typical lightweight lager. Produce place 0.99