overall

RATINGS: 129   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.31   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Using the original ingredients from when it was first brewed in 1897, we took the liquid back to its roots and made a highly sessionable everyday beer. \Bottled version brewed by the Miller plant in Irvindale, CA for the Primo Malting & Brewing Company (Pabst).
Draft version brewed by the Keoki Brewing Company on Hawaii.

Made with Pure Island Cane. First brewed in 1897.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
AWMiller (512) - Mansfield, Texas, USA - SEP 22, 2011
Another brew enjoyed while vacationing in Maui, Hawaii. When I saw this on the cooler shelf I knew I had to try it for two basic reasons; (1) it was the last one on the shelf, and (2) I have never tried it before and have never seen it in my area! This brew had a fantastic flavor that was making me take it nice and slow so that I could enjoy it for as long as I could! This brew is made with pure Hawaiian cane sugar and that makes for one fantastic tasting brew! This is truly wonderful as the company for this brew falls under the Pabst/Miller corporate structure and they have graciously kept from meddling around and mucking up the production of this tasty brew!

0.7
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Nik925 (764) - USA - AUG 9, 2011
This looked pretty good, esp. for a lager. Optimistic that a this was a Pabst sugar-cane lager. Horrible. I can’t be certain that the palate was a 1 as it was hard to get over the bad taste. Got it at an island grocery so figured it was somewhat fresh. ’Refreshing on a beach’...blah blah...drink some water to hydrate yourself if you are thirsty and then get a good beer and watch the sunset.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bcoble003 (246) - Aiea, Hawaii, USA - AUG 3, 2011
Wow Pabst/miller actually made something worth drinking! nice dark amber color, very strong smell of hops it actually blew me away when the waitress put it infront of me, Tasts of sweetness and very smooth going down, over all a very good beer..

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - JUL 31, 2011
UPDATED: AUG 1, 2011 [Bottle] Clear golden hue, decent head formation. Cooked cereal aroma. Sweet malty flavor, cereal, lemon and honey. Light, well carbonated body, just a touch of bitterness in the finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
jbunderwood (3) - Brookfield, Ohio, USA - JUL 18, 2011 does not count
This beer has almost no aroma and a very light taste followed by a slightly bitter after taste. I did not know this was a Miller product when I purchased it. Not that it would change my opinion but I feel a little duped in that I thought I was buying a microbrew. Live and learn I guess.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
tennessejed420 (927) - Denver, Colorado, USA - JUL 12, 2011
bottle on the beach. Made with sugar cane and you can detect this aspect in the flavor, giving it a sweet - wood like aspect, along with corn starch and water. Light in body, not much going on in the aroma. No offensive, off flavors here, so I can say it will do the job for a light lager on the beach.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jhliesen (755) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUN 26, 2011
Bottle: Yellow light orange color with a medium, fizzy heads that doesn’t last. Corn aroma and corn tasting. Has that frosted flake aftertaste. Typical lightweight lager. Produce place 0.99

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
RedSox2004 (1330) - Pacific Palisades, California, USA - MAY 27, 2011
Pale yellow with a small bright white head that disappeared quickly and left little lacing. Syrupy corn and sugar sweetness - I guess that was cane sugar, but does it matter? Light body, harsh mouthfeel, and a belabored carbonation.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
brokensail (11612) - Orange County, California, USA - MAY 13, 2011
A: The beer pours a pale yellow color with a short lived white head and no lacing. S: Lots of corn sweetness and sugar sweetness, too. A bit of straw and apple juice (which gives even more sweetness). Just a light ester quality. A slightly stale feeling to the aroma. T: Slightly bitter on the back of the throat, but otherwise it’s just as sweet as the smell. A light grass and straw flavor as well. Corn and white sugar with some light grainy flavors. M: Light to medium in body with a medium carbonation. O: Sort of falls in line with any of the other number of blah lagers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Sledutah (5104) - Utah, USA - APR 30, 2011
12oz bottle picked up at an ABC store in Honolulu
Appearance: Clear yellow with a big foamy white head and good lacing
Aroma: Light Malts, citrus and honey
Taste: Sweet Malts, some sourness with a slightly bitter citrus in the finish
Ok, easy to drink