overall

RATINGS: 126   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.32   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Using the original ingredients from when it was first brewed in 1897, we took the liquid back to its roots and made a highly sessionable everyday beer. \Bottled version brewed by the Miller plant in Irvindale, CA for the Primo Malting & Brewing Company (Pabst).
Draft version brewed by the Keoki Brewing Company on Hawaii.

Made with Pure Island Cane. First brewed in 1897.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Immy (1955) - Virginia Beach, USA - JUN 21, 2009
Bomber. Clear gold with a huge white head that reduces quickly. Rather sweet nose, malty and somewhat corny, light grain. Flavor is grainy with a somewhat chemically grass. Finishes surprisingly dry. Meh. Borders on crappy, but I have nothing else to drink right now, so I guess I’ll find the bottom of the bottle...

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
beernbourbon (1284) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - MAY 2, 2010
16 oz. can. Pour (was into my mouth) was light yellow with minimal white head. Flavor is lightly malty and faintly hoppy. It’s pale lager. Really very drinkable, I’d do it again for sure. Pretty thin on flavor and body.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
goab (13) - kaneohe, Hawaii, USA - NOV 17, 2012
This beer to me isn’t very good. First off label is misleading. This is not a Hawaiian beer. Taste like a sweeter bud light to me. Overly carbonated. Overall not very good at all. On the plus side at least its affordable.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
troyc (2422) - Illinois, USA - NOV 2, 2011
[Bottle] Pours a very light yellow color with a fizzy white head. Sweet nose of sugar cane and corn syrup. Smells a little oxidized too. The taste is grainy, with hints of metal and lingering sweetness. Champagne-like carbonation. Yikes! I only bought a bomber of this, but I really had to choke it down.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
mnurda (1106) - Winnipeg, Manitoba, CANADA - MAY 13, 2012
Bottled sample from Hawaii. Could tell by looking at it that this beer would have an inferior tinny taste. Was correct. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
daknole (8863) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - AUG 20, 2009
Gold pour with lots of bubbles and lasting white head. Aroma? Hmmm, it doesn’t smell so good to be honest. Kind of an old soapy mop water with some cereal grains and funky hops. Flavor is corn, bubbles and old hops.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
19Ei8hty (1134) - Washington, USA - MAY 11, 2010
As long as Im rating the shittiest beer I can find in the dredges of my fridge, Ill submit this story to the Midnight Society: Imagine a beer with a floating head of a dead polynesian pedophile on its label and think to yourself "well it cant get much worse from here". I would rather be hit over the head with a bottle of this junk than have to have it mysteriously appear in my fridge. Please. Family, stop with the care packages. I can find good beer on my own.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
otakuden (1783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - OCT 23, 2010
Clear golden straw with little head to speak of, just a thin collar of white which looks ready to disappear at any given moment. Faint grains with a touch of honey sweetness makes up all that I can discern of his nose. On a side note, we as humans smell far more then we taste, and when I smell very little in a beer’s nose, then I have even less hope left for what lies below. My first quaff leaves me disturbingly perplexed. There is some weird funky stuff going on in the Primo Island Lager. Cornbread dominates with a frothy mouthfeel which makes it very hard to taste much of anything. A dry weak finish, maybe some herbs, definitely some creamed corn, and I am left with a singular impression of bleh.

Mediocrity strikes once more. I feel like I am on some sick merry-go-round of lackluster lagers with no end in sight. ~sighs~ the things I do for my passion… Self-torture aside, if you’re ever in the islands or just at the beach relaxing, make sure to grab a good beer, i.e. not Primo, kick some sand back, and enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of all that surrounds you, beer included.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jhliesen (704) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - JUN 26, 2011
Bottle: Yellow light orange color with a medium, fizzy heads that doesn’t last. Corn aroma and corn tasting. Has that frosted flake aftertaste. Typical lightweight lager. Produce place 0.99

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
RedSox2004 (1200) - Pacific Palisades, California, USA - MAY 27, 2011
Pale yellow with a small bright white head that disappeared quickly and left little lacing. Syrupy corn and sugar sweetness - I guess that was cane sugar, but does it matter? Light body, harsh mouthfeel, and a belabored carbonation.