RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 4.13/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
Brewed to celebrate FSUís win over Auburn in the 2013 BCS Championship Game. This beer clocks in at 10% abv. Warpath is brewed with Warrior and Tomahawk hops to show its True Seminole Spirit!

Aurelius (3908) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - MAR 4, 2014
OK, so on release night, I schlep up to Proof with my arguably boss LuckyDog to try and score one of the cool pint glasses. Itís drizzly and cold. My nipples are hard. Weíre waaaaaayyy back in line to get into a place that holds 150 people, tops. Weíre like #450 in line, by my reckoning. All for the sake of a glass and a new beer. I left after I did the math and realized that we werenít ever going to get in. My boss left after the Proof dudes came out and told folks that they had a snowballís chance in the bad place of getting in for the night. ***Proof Owner Dude*** I know that you watch these boards - please beermail me and tell me that I can give you $$ for a couple of stashed Warpath glasses. Theyíre almost as in-demand as the Jimi Hendrix 420 Flying Saucer pints. Anyway, it turned out that the beer was worth the wait. I happened to get a stray shot at hitting Proof tonight- my daughter had locked her keys in her car down in Campusland and I had to drive down. Granted, I was the only 50-year-old in the joint, but it was time to get the ##$@# Warpath. Iím not an AIPA guy at all, much less a 2xAIPA guy. Iím a Fullers IPA guy. Iím a PA guy. That said, Warpath is heap big AIPA. I did it back to back with the Proof Guru IPA, and it was butchery with Warpath as the clear winner. Warpath has some nuance to it - it isnít your garden variety, ham-handed west coast hops, double malt AIPA. Some toast to it, lots of malt but not too sweet or boozy. Very warming. Caramel, citrus, malty - your usual big IPA descriptors, but way different. Chummy, and the ABV is well-masked. Itís an unusal brew, and you need to try it if you can get your hands on it. On tap, Proof, watching FSU basketball beat down Boston College. I lucked upon Sixpoint 10 years ago and saw that it had great potential. I see similar potential in Proof.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
PorterPounder (5196) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - FEB 15, 2014
Tallahassee, Fl - on tap at Proof. Dark copper pour, thick, sticky, khaki colored head that leaves plenty of sticky lacing. Nice fragrant spruce-like aroma with a touch of mint in the back end. Plenty of resiny hoppy goodness with some grapefruit citrsu bitterness, some orange zest and a touch of maple syrup in the finish. Thick, sticky mouthfeel. Solid!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
mverity (249) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - FEB 12, 2014
Deep coppery red in color with creamy light tan head. Head holds really well. Nice sticky lacing. Nice medium head and thick collar hold throughout this beer. Aroma is rich caramel malt sweetness in the background, with citrusy and resiny hops in the forefront. Nice creamy mouthfeel and good body, with medium carbonation. Taste is well balanced, good toasty malt (kinda bready, kinda caramely), citrusy and resiny prevail in the taste as they did in the aroma. A touch of diacetyl towards the end, buttery. Great beer overall though.