overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 962   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.04   IBU: 11   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Our flavorful apricot ale boldly combines the taste and aroma of fresh apricot with the smooth finish of wheat malt. Its refreshingly unfiltered character and fruit flavor make it an ale worth savoring.

Note: Previously Pyramid Audacious Apricot Ale.

Malts:
50% 2 Row Pale Barley, 50% Malted Wheat

Hops:
Nugget

OG: 11.75

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 5, 2002
too fruity, most accurate name ever though because apricots is all you taste

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
VA Homebrewer (525) - Portsmouth, Virginia, USA - SEP 3, 2002
Perfumy apricot aroma with no malt or hops jumping up to counter the fruit. Apricots readily apparent in the flavor profile, which again lacks malt or hops to give this any complexity or balance. Finish is lightly dry. Light golden in color with a diminutive head. Very unimpressive. DFH’s take on an apricot ale is much more enjoyable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
SpaceMonkey (182) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 2, 2002
Pouring a golden yellow haze with a solid white head, you definitely get a good feel for the fruit in the aroma. A gentle whiff of dried apricots drifts upward. A lightly coloured pale ale with fruity overtones, I really enjoy the balance between apricot tartness and hop bitterness. They hit you at the same time and blend nicely. I do not enjoy apricots all that much, nor do I go out of my way to find fruit beer, but this I enjoyed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - AUG 29, 2002
Yikes! This stuff is very apricottey (is that a word?)! Almost a bit much, really, since if I’d wanted a piece of fruit, I’d have just bought one. But chicks’ll go nuts for this stuff, because it’s very sweet and quaffable. To be fair, for its style, this is definitely one of the very best, least artificial tasting fruit beers around.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
PorterPounder (5196) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - AUG 27, 2002
UPDATED: JUN 27, 2003 Rerate 6/27/03 Still a great fruit beer - but my tastes have matured just a bit - Original 4.3 - Surprisingly I really enjoyed this one. Fresh fruity aroma that was not overpowering or too artificial. Nice, cloudy appearance. Very original taste - blends in well together - the apricot flavor was very natural. Refreshing to say the least.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
popilius (61) - Chicagoland, Illinois, USA - AUG 20, 2002
A decent fruit beer as compared to most. This really did tastle like real apricots, with little sense of alcohol. Mostly smooth. I would recommend it as a fruit beer only.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Dionysian (39) - Paris, FRANCE - JUL 26, 2002
Not a big fan of fruit beers. In fact, I would go so far as to say FRUIT beers are for FRUITS. Yes, I went there. As far as these beers go, however, this is one of the top of the line.. however, thats still not enough to earn a high rating with me. I dislike the category.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
HH (165) - Everett, Washington, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Ugh. I though this tasted like bad perfume or something. Smells better than it tastes. This is in all likelyhood not a bad brew but not for me. Will avoid in the future.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
leapinbass99 (15) - Goleta, California, USA - JUL 22, 2002
One of my favorite fruit beers. Heavy apricot aroma while the fruit taste isn’t too overwhelming. As fruit beers go they are either way too fruity or you can’t taste the fruit at all. Pyramid’s Apricot is right down the center.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
k2 (146) - USA - JUL 20, 2002
This is only fruit beer that I will drink twice. It has a good wheat base and just a touch of the apricot to give it a clean finish. great summer beer.