overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 976   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.04   IBU: 11   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
Our flavorful apricot ale boldly combines the taste and aroma of fresh apricot with the smooth finish of wheat malt. Its refreshingly unfiltered character and fruit flavor make it an ale worth savoring.

Note: Previously Pyramid Audacious Apricot Ale.

Malts:
50% 2 Row Pale Barley, 50% Malted Wheat

Hops:
Nugget

OG: 11.75

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Dionysian (39) - Paris, FRANCE - JUL 26, 2002
Not a big fan of fruit beers. In fact, I would go so far as to say FRUIT beers are for FRUITS. Yes, I went there. As far as these beers go, however, this is one of the top of the line.. however, thats still not enough to earn a high rating with me. I dislike the category.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 6/20
HH (165) - Everett, Washington, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Ugh. I though this tasted like bad perfume or something. Smells better than it tastes. This is in all likelyhood not a bad brew but not for me. Will avoid in the future.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
leapinbass99 (15) - Goleta, California, USA - JUL 22, 2002
One of my favorite fruit beers. Heavy apricot aroma while the fruit taste isnít too overwhelming. As fruit beers go they are either way too fruity or you canít taste the fruit at all. Pyramidís Apricot is right down the center.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
k2 (146) - USA - JUL 20, 2002
This is only fruit beer that I will drink twice. It has a good wheat base and just a touch of the apricot to give it a clean finish. great summer beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
SETANTA (582) - Bangor, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 19, 2002
spiciness of hops compliments apricot well

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Aesir (130) - Tustin, California, USA - JUL 17, 2002
If your looking for a fruit beer, this is a good one. Cloudy orange color. Strong apricot taste initially, but blends and fades nicely with the finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - JUL 14, 2002
fruit and beer donít mix, but this is one of the better ones.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
wnp22 (685) - Toronto (Roncesvalles Village), Ontario, CANADA - JUL 11, 2002
I had one of these when I lived in California at the Pyramid Breweries restaurant in Berkeley. Weak hint of fruit or apricot, light taste but with little or no depth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
crdic (105) - California, USA - JUL 10, 2002
This fruit beer has a hazy golden color, rather like a hefeweizen, but more orange. Its aroma is pleasant, a slightly sour apricot smell, with a hint of hops. Its flavor is a bit more strongly hoppy, and here I run into a problem: I just donít think apricots and hops work together very well. Additionally, the fizz content is too high for my taste. This isnít a bad fruit beer, and Iím sure some will like it, but itís not to my taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 8, 2002
Fruity apricot aroma, not as fruity as I thought, nice clean dry finish.