overall

RATINGS: 184   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.07   SEASONAL: Autumn   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
Copper in color and big in taste, this robust well-balanced Amber Ale is the perfect yard work companion. Broken Rake’s noble hop finish elegantly balances the assertive malt overtones, making it a great way to welcome Autumn.

Malts:
2-Row Barley, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Hallertau Hersbrucker

ABV from 6.4% to 6.1% in 2007.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Stove Top (43) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - MAY 1, 2001
A big beer (high alcohol) but a little to sweet for my liking. I would compare this close to alaka amber ale. I thought the choice of an all hersbrucker hopped amber was a little unusual. Is this an american amber ale or a german alt-type beer ? It misses on both fronts.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
opiate (199) - Sandy, Utah, USA - DEC 15, 2000
I was very impressed by this beer. Very good balance, malty and hoppy. A very good example of the style. I think this is an excellent ’gateway’ beer for the Budmilloor’s crowd.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Zach Diesel (906) - Sisters, Oregon, USA - DEC 6, 2000
Just not very good. Too malty for my tastes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Aubrey (3431) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - NOV 8, 2000
Interesting at first, but flavor quickly fades. Strange ’biscuity’ alcohol flavor - which isn’t so bad - I kind of enjoyed it. Tasted like a ’bitter red ale.’ Apple aroma.