overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1007   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The standard by which all other wheat beers are judged. Our deliciously deranged American-Style Hefeweizen is an award winning take on this Bavarian classic. This refreshingly unfiltered wheat ale delivers a distinctively smooth flavor worth sharing with friends.

Malts:
39% 2 Row Pale Barley, 60% Malted Wheat, 1% Caramel

Hops:
Nugget, Liberty

OG: 12.5

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
bbooth (115) - Gilbert, Arizona, USA - MAY 20, 2002
I thought this was an average Hefe. Very bland even for a Hefe. I drank this yesterday and I already donít remember the nuances of this beer. Nothing separates this beer from other in the same style.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
MilkmanDan (1943) - Eagan, Minnesota, USA - MAY 13, 2002
Your average, generic American hefe. Cloudy blond, lots of lemon in the flavor with a mite of skunkiness. As average as a hefe.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 8/20
wegeha (7) - sss, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 10, 2002 does not count
I was looking for a long time for a reasonable domestic Hefeweizen. The lemmon touch surprised me in the beginning but then, hmmm the right beer for a summer evening. Until now the closest to a Bavarian Hefeweizen!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
krisbierjaeger (844) - dolores, Colorado, USA - APR 30, 2002
a golden unripe apricot color, yeasted haze. a small citrusy nose, very small, diminutive--a button nose. the beer peeks out through a bashful head. itís not quite watery, but itís rather nondiscript, soft, only enough citrus character to keep it from floating away entirely. it canít be offensive though because it isnít bold enough to risk an opinion. bleh.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
joet (2121) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - APR 27, 2002
No acid high tones, flat, no yeastiness or other character builders, a sad, empty commercialized beer from a weakened macro micro.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
themorningzoo (49) - Fairbanks, USA - APR 7, 2002
I had it with lemon so that does effect the taste but I enjoyed the malty flavor that it had. It didnít knock my boots off but I would buy more for sure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
BillKismet (3321) - Seattle, Washington, USA - APR 1, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 23, 2009 Cloudy appearance. Well balanced and smooth tasting. Nice, slight hoppy bite. Excellent with or without a lemon. Particularly shines as a refreshing summer draft on a hot day though a fine beer any time of the year. Probably my favorite Hefe. Rerate--just had this at the brewery for the first time and raises .1. I still feel this may be one of the most underappreciated beers on this site. For me, this is the epitome of the American wheat. Flawless apeearance--taupe on top and thinning in color down the glass. Beautiful wheat aroma and full wheat taste. Simply sublime. 5/22/09 - Rerated now as Pyramid Haywire Hefeweizen. Wheaty body, full of grassiness in aroma and flavor. Not quite as good as I remember it, yet still a stalwart summer time refreshment.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Dogbrick (7575) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - MAR 22, 2002
This is a good íburger beerí. I skipped the lemon probably because thatís how Corona tries to disguise the fact that there is no flavor. That was almost the case here, but this was a refreshing, glossy-smooth drink that tasted good ice-cold.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
bluemeow76 (693) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - MAR 22, 2002
Too carbonated for my taste - left a slight stinging sensation on my tounge. The color resembles, well...it looks like pee - if you had a urinary tract infection. Iím still undecided if that is bad or not.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
unixweb (237) - Sherman, Texas, USA - MAR 5, 2002
Bottled or draft, itís the only hefe I like WITH lemon, but I donít know if thatís good or bad. Very smooth, tiny amount of bitterness, nice golden color. Easy to drink, goes well with food. Most people I know donít like this beer, but I find it to be one of the most refreshing of all. Itís just a little thin on the palate, especially with lime, to be compared favorably to the best Hefes.