overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1025   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The standard by which all other wheat beers are judged. Our deliciously deranged American-Style Hefeweizen is an award winning take on this Bavarian classic. This refreshingly unfiltered wheat ale delivers a distinctively smooth flavor worth sharing with friends.

Malts:
39% 2 Row Pale Barley, 60% Malted Wheat, 1% Caramel

Hops:
Nugget, Liberty

OG: 12.5

GrooveDaddy's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
GrooveDaddy (16) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
Had this on tap at Twisted Kilt in Birmingham, Alabama; enjoyed guzzling this with an Italian Sausage Sandwich while checking out the short skirt on this one chick who said she might be a stripper but then said she wasn’t, I don’t remember b/c I had drank a few with my younger bro, who was the designated driver, and was also kind enough to pay! This brew had a great, strong Heffe flavor to it, that made me want to come back for more (or was it just that I wanted to flirt w/the waitress again?). After that lunch, we drove down to some old property in Helena that our family owns, and we both had to piss like racehorses; we did so, and then checked out the ruins of the house our great-great grandfather built in the late 1800’s, next to the creek near the railroad tracks. My late grandmother used to tell me there were ghosts there that she hear back in the 1940’s, and that an old lady who used to rent the basement from the 50’s to the late 80’s used to "see spirits" on the property, but I suspect that the only spirits she saw were those of Mr. Jack Daniels and Jim Beam, if you know what I mean. Anyway, after pissing out this delicious Hefewiezen (you only rent beer, you know), we explored further down the cliff by the creek than we had ever gone before (because our grandmother would start nagging us if we were to go past the rock that looks like a chair, that my grandaddy so eloquently dubbed "the Indian Chair". All in all, good Hefeweizen, good times, etc.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Sarlacc83 (1116) - Portland, Oregon, USA - MAR 13, 2015
Bottle (bought for beer cheese soup) A: Cloudy orange with a thin white ring of head. Some lacing. N: Biscuit, earth, pine, clove, hint of citrus and banana. Fairly basic. T: Bready and more bitter than sweet. M: Light body, fuzzy carbonation, no alcohol burn. O: The beer that is. Not original or complex but easy to drink while making dinner. Certainly not in the field of Weihenstephaner.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
adamnowek (452) - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - MAR 1, 2015
Hazy straw colour. Aroma is citrus. Taste is citrus, vanilla, and banana bread. A little bit too carbonated for the style.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
luttonm (2868) - Seattle, Washington, USA - FEB 2, 2015
Bottle. Pale clear gold, small head. Sweet malt. Banana. Weak, clean but not tasty.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
andrewje41 (992) - Kenmore, Washington, USA - JAN 12, 2015
Draft pour many times over the years. Pours a cloudy banana orange color with a patchy head. Soft, sweet fruit aroma. Flavor is very grainy, with hints of tropical fruit throughout. Not a very enjoyable beer for me, but I’ll take it over its common competition most days. Gets old, but not horrible.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
danielyabu (1339) - União da Vitória, BRAZIL - DEC 22, 2014
average frothy white head. good lacing. mostly diminishing. clear average-density beige body. aroma: moderate yeasty, honey, metal. if: moderate sweet. ff: moderate sweet very light bitter; short duration. palate: medium body, watery/oily texture, lively carbonation, metallic finish. Dulcor de mel e levedura. Levíssimo toque de banana no background, ao contrario do que se espera em cervejas de trigo. Refrescante. Paladar metalizado proveniente do fato de ter vencido no mês passado.8 s

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Countbeer (4974) - Best of E-Town mit ein Brauhaus, NETHERLANDS - NOV 24, 2014
From 10 year old note: Bottle: Yellow orange colored beer. White foam. Smell fruit, banana, grains. Taste sweet, grains, fruit.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
martin00sr (1169) - Sønderborg, DENMARK - NOV 8, 2014
Clear golden, small white head. Light, malty aroma. Malty, fruity flavour without any of the typical esters. Bad hefe.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Bamsen78 (3759) - Sønderborg, DENMARK - NOV 8, 2014
Bottle. Pours clear golden with small white head. Clear aroma of malt, with notes of yeast and hops. Sweetish, malty flavour with notes of yeast and hops and subtle touches of citrus. Rough and estery afteraste. Okay but not much more than that.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
MiP (13995) - Sønderborg, DENMARK - NOV 8, 2014
Bottle, 5.2%. Hazy golden colour. Small white head. The flavour is yeasty with a bit of white bread and some flowery hops.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
slowrunner77 (6336) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 19, 2014
"pretty much another average beer from Pyramid...the only positive that seperates it just a little is the heavier wheat taste than in many other heffes. I like to be able to taste the wheat."