overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1013   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The standard by which all other wheat beers are judged. Our deliciously deranged American-Style Hefeweizen is an award winning take on this Bavarian classic. This refreshingly unfiltered wheat ale delivers a distinctively smooth flavor worth sharing with friends.

Malts:
39% 2 Row Pale Barley, 60% Malted Wheat, 1% Caramel

Hops:
Nugget, Liberty

OG: 12.5

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
interstate604 (5) - USA - OCT 11, 2004 does not count
Very thin, watery, corny taste, much like a cheap beer. Difficult to distinguish this one from a Miller High Life. Seriously.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
smerkinb (5) - Morrisville, North Carolina, USA - JUL 30, 2008 does not count
Poured cloudy murky dull orange flavor with smells of bread and citrus spice, not even a hint of banana. This was my first "hefe" and even if it’s not a stellar example of the style, it’s still delicious. My first tentative sip turned into a healthy slow gulp which turned into barely being able to set my glass down between sips. I gave up, held onto it and finished it pretty quickly. And then I realized my mistake--I didn’t have any more. That won’t happen again, I’ll keep this stocked up as a standby. Oh, I also tried this with a handful of blackberries thrown in--equally tasty a bit more bitter and just like a little beer lava lamp. It was the refreshment and the entertainment!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
FingoreLD50 (4) - California, USA - MAY 9, 2009 does not count
This beer tastes really earthy. Very mellow though. Certainly an enjoyable flavor and goes down super easy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Sol (4) - California, USA - JAN 8, 2012 does not count
Extremely good with Lime. Very untraditional tho. I loved this beer until trying Widmer Bros. Hefeweizen

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
elcapo99 (4) - Washington, USA - JAN 3, 2002 does not count
My favorite Hefe.

2far2care99 (4) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUL 22, 2002 does not count
This beer is awesome with lemon.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Bwgerg99 (3) - San Diego, California, USA - SEP 15, 2002 does not count
Love it, just recently tried it. Good with a Lemon.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerPig (3) - Springdale, Arkansas, USA - MAY 25, 2006 does not count
I absolutely love the memory of drinking this beer on tap across from Safeco Field in Seattle. With a lemon in it and it’s golden color it is perfect for a brunch. I always felt excellent heading to the games, Go Mariners!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Niighthawk (3) - Phelan, California, USA - DEC 14, 2006 does not count
I had Pyramid out of a bottle and I enjoyed it! It had a good flavor and was not harsh on the palate like other bottled hefe’s.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
drewmoore85 (3) - Georgia, USA - SEP 15, 2011 does not count
A very sweet beer with very little aroma, kind of leaves you hanging up front. There is a hint of citrus but overall very mild as far as hefe’s go. I would just say its a decent beer that doesn’t deserve any special recommendation.