overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1020   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   IBU: 18   EST. CALORIES: 156   ABV: 5.2%
The standard by which all other wheat beers are judged. Our deliciously deranged American-Style Hefeweizen is an award winning take on this Bavarian classic. This refreshingly unfiltered wheat ale delivers a distinctively smooth flavor worth sharing with friends.

Malts:
39% 2 Row Pale Barley, 60% Malted Wheat, 1% Caramel

Hops:
Nugget, Liberty

OG: 12.5

2far2care99 (4) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - JUL 22, 2002 does not count
This beer is awesome with lemon.

KANE22 (2) - Santa Ana, California, USA - FEB 6, 2006 does not count
Poured yellowish cloudy gold with the scent of yeast and lemon. Very smooth and easy to drink.

Chub (1) - - MAR 11, 2014 does not count
Perfect, in all categories start to finish. Refreshing great with fruit pairings, mango chicken and such.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
superdude1979 (62) - Phoenix, Arizona, USA - DEC 6, 2007
Great beer. Pours cloudy, can taste the citrus a bit. Refreshing easy beer to drink. Great value as well.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
GrooveDaddy (16) - Bham, Alabama, USA - DEC 5, 2012
Had this on tap at Twisted Kilt in Birmingham, Alabama; enjoyed guzzling this with an Italian Sausage Sandwich while checking out the short skirt on this one chick who said she might be a stripper but then said she wasn’t, I don’t remember b/c I had drank a few with my younger bro, who was the designated driver, and was also kind enough to pay! This brew had a great, strong Heffe flavor to it, that made me want to come back for more (or was it just that I wanted to flirt w/the waitress again?). After that lunch, we drove down to some old property in Helena that our family owns, and we both had to piss like racehorses; we did so, and then checked out the ruins of the house our great-great grandfather built in the late 1800’s, next to the creek near the railroad tracks. My late grandmother used to tell me there were ghosts there that she hear back in the 1940’s, and that an old lady who used to rent the basement from the 50’s to the late 80’s used to "see spirits" on the property, but I suspect that the only spirits she saw were those of Mr. Jack Daniels and Jim Beam, if you know what I mean. Anyway, after pissing out this delicious Hefewiezen (you only rent beer, you know), we explored further down the cliff by the creek than we had ever gone before (because our grandmother would start nagging us if we were to go past the rock that looks like a chair, that my grandaddy so eloquently dubbed "the Indian Chair". All in all, good Hefeweizen, good times, etc.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
moose99 (18) - Oak Creek, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 11, 2002
Simply the best

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
elcapo99 (4) - Washington, USA - JAN 3, 2002 does not count
My favorite Hefe.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
smerkinb (5) - Morrisville, North Carolina, USA - JUL 30, 2008 does not count
Poured cloudy murky dull orange flavor with smells of bread and citrus spice, not even a hint of banana. This was my first "hefe" and even if it’s not a stellar example of the style, it’s still delicious. My first tentative sip turned into a healthy slow gulp which turned into barely being able to set my glass down between sips. I gave up, held onto it and finished it pretty quickly. And then I realized my mistake--I didn’t have any more. That won’t happen again, I’ll keep this stocked up as a standby. Oh, I also tried this with a handful of blackberries thrown in--equally tasty a bit more bitter and just like a little beer lava lamp. It was the refreshment and the entertainment!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
FingoreLD50 (4) - California, USA - MAY 9, 2009 does not count
This beer tastes really earthy. Very mellow though. Certainly an enjoyable flavor and goes down super easy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
HammsWa (2) - Spanaway, Washington, USA - SEP 6, 2009 does not count
An awesome beer. I enjoy a beer with body as seen with this beer. This wheat beer ranks top amongst others that are hard either difficult to accuire or pay for.