overall

RATINGS: 820   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
We heap the hops into each batch of our Thunderhead IPA. A golden nectar with a striking floral aroma, Thunderhead holds a harmonious balance between its bold hop bitterness and subtle malt backbone.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Munich 10L, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Nugget, CTZ

OG: 16.7

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
beer4president (17) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - MAY 2, 2004
I love this beer. This is my chocie for a friday, its affordable and tastes great. If you ever go to an Mís game visit the brewery beforehand and get this great beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
sickassmick (224) - Concord, California, USA - JAN 18, 2008
wow. more than i expected from pyramid. aroma is sweet and syrupy. Pour is clear and golden with suddy head that spots up and leaves right away. Up front taste follows suit, and the hop kick is right where it should be. Mouthfeel is creamy, thick, and satisfying, lacing is small but not too important after you take a drink. An extremely good beer from a not so micro brewery. This is what i like in an ipa, sweet front, heavy mouth and hop linger. Closest competetor with my favorite IPA so far. Nice! Rerate: This beer is really good. nothing wrong that i can tell

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ghawener (1457) - San Salvador, EL SALVADOR - DEC 26, 2009
Bottle: Came w a variety winter pack; well balanced, aromaful, full bodied loaded w hops. Food Pairing: NOT coleslaw.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
pdiroquois (10) - Hamilton Square, New Jersey, USA - APR 23, 2012
Nice gasoline aftertaste. Not too hoppy but better than a lager. Complex sweetness that makes you want to drink the whole six pack in one setting. Thatís what I just did. Wish I had more!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Beer Guy99 (250) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - NOV 9, 2001
Deep red color is very nice. This is a pretty darn good American style IPA with lots and lots of Cascade hops. Very enjoyable flavor...yes its out of balance, itís supposed to be extra hoppy, thatís the way IPAís are meant to be and American style IPAs in particular have made it the norm to really load up on the hops. I could drink this one on a regular basis.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mjurney (64) - Amarillo, Texas, USA - NOV 2, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 24, 2005 Pours out orange/golden color with little head. Nice citrus flavor, very spicy from hops. Sweet finish from malt. Really great IPA. Really enjoy it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
psuCE03 (135) - York, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 11, 2007
Has a good color and head like most Pyramid brews that I have tasted. Has a stronger hop taste than some IPAs but thats why youíre drinking it right?

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 18/20
supermikeyb (43) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - FEB 19, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2004 Gosh, I really hate to admit that I like this beer. This is really a good beer. Nice hoppy aromas of hops. Tangy grapefruit hop flavors along with light malt. Its a little thin, but still a very good IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Sully (1377) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - OCT 18, 2005
I was just planning a trip to Hong Kong again and looked up the website for the East End Brewery. I recalled my fond memories of this beer, both in the pub but also as a take-away when I decided to read my rating. What?! Not here! thankfully my note taking over the years has improved and I have them still. All I can essentialy say is that this style of beer really typifies the essence of the amber beverage. A great coppery hue with fine crisp head. A real hit of citrus and pine in the nose with a floral afterthought. Excellent bitterness and balance in this beer with an unctuous oiliness that pleases the palate. This is a very fine beer. Please Aussie brewers, do something like this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TcTango (48) - Tyler, Texas, USA - JUN 24, 2009
Bottle. Poured a orange/bronze color a little light than most IPAís. Despite reading a lot of reviews that said the head was fizzy and dissipated, my pour created a 2-finger foamy head that lasted throughout. I loved this beer. Lots of hops and citrus...and a super long finish. Cheers!