overall

RATINGS: 832   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2/5   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
We heap the hops into each batch of our Thunderhead IPA. A golden nectar with a striking floral aroma, Thunderhead holds a harmonious balance between its bold hop bitterness and subtle malt backbone.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Munich 10L, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Nugget, CTZ

OG: 16.7

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JLAudio (282) - Crestwood, Illinois, USA - MAY 19, 2007
This is a quite good beer! Unexpectedly, this beer is bursting with hop aromas and flavors, yet is mellowed out with a wonderful combiniation of pale malts. This beer is a wonderful catch, and is abundant in my area, for only $7.99 six-pack. This is a better than good beer, with an even better pricetag. Could be as good as Dogfish Head 60 minute, if you are looking for pure hop pleasure!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
TheBeerLover (1026) - DC Metro Area, USA - JUL 27, 2007
Sampled this one on draught at the brewery in Seattle, WA. Pours to a bright, deep golden color, with a thick, creamy white head, and a good carbonation. This nose on this beer is zesty, with good piney and citrus aroma, with hints of biscuity malt aroma. The palate is firm, with good pale and biscut malt flavors, paired with hints of estery fruit, and citrus. This beer finishes with a nice piney and lemony hop bite that slightly lingers. Like with the Redhook Long Hammer, maybe not the boldest example, but a very respectable, very well made exaample of AIPA that delivers good hop character. Very drinkable beer, that goes well with the food on the menu at Pyramid, and good beer to enjoy before or after a Mariners or Sea Hawks game. I liked this one.

jtclockwork (12133) - , New Jersey, USA - MAY 9, 2010
Bottle just said India Pale Ale. I think itís the same beer as this. Cloudy IPA. Aroma is strong citrus and grass. Taste is crisp bitter hops with dryish finish. Rated 8/27/02

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
yesyouam (1016) - Fairport, New York, USA - SEP 25, 2012
Pyramid Thunderhead IPA is a hazy, sparkling, deep golden ale with a smooth, dense, off white head that has excellent retention and lacing. It has a pine resin aroma with a touch of citrus peel. It has a very smooth and soft medium body with a dry finish that leaves the mouth a little gritty. The flavor is simple and well balanced with a smooth biscuity malt and a healthy piny bitterness. It has a long, bitter grapefruit peel finish. This is a nice, drinkable West Coast IPA thatís nice and bitter, but not super strong.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
mallons72 (197) - livonia, Michigan, USA - OCT 20, 2012
This is an excellent ipa. Perfect hops. Floral grapefruit. Not too harsh. Very smooth for a high ipa.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Heat99 (56) - Austin, Texas, USA - DEC 7, 2001
Great IPA. I used to HATE (the capital letters are intentional) hoppy beers, but lately, I have become somewhat of a hop-head, and this beer just does it for me. Not as good as SN Celebration Ale...but good. I can really taste the cascade hops. The aroma was a little weak, but the beerís color and head slightly made up for it. This definitely is a hop-headís beer. Lots and lots of cascades. It mixes nice in a smooth, slightly creamy, malt flavor. Excellent...definitely on the buy list (well, when the Celebration Ale is out of stock).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DrunkenLooser (22) - Frankfort, Illinois, USA - APR 20, 2004
Although not as strong as I usually like my IPA, this one is pretty good. Has a slightly fruity taste. Very affordable as six pack.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
lordplayer (19) - Alabama, USA - AUG 27, 2005
I donít like the twist off - actually I hate it. Medium, quickly dissipating head. The beer is noticeably less carbonated than most which is a nice change. Zesty, bitter hops reign throughout and the flavor lingers long after swallow. I picture hops in my head as I drink this one. India Pales are my favorite beers and this one doesnít disappoint. I have others that I rate higher, but this is a nice IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RMaschek (6) - USA - DEC 27, 2010 does not count
Pours a finger.5 head that stays around for a while. Has a golden color, somewhat cloudy. Very bitter beer that sticks to the roof of my mouth for a good 30 seconds. Very carbonated. Delicious IPA but might be a tad too bitter for some.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BlackEyePA (573) - USA - FEB 23, 2012
Really good. I like it. Feels like a pale ale yet drinks like an easy IPA. Good offering. Try it