overall

RATINGS: 825   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
We heap the hops into each batch of our Thunderhead IPA. A golden nectar with a striking floral aroma, Thunderhead holds a harmonious balance between its bold hop bitterness and subtle malt backbone.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Munich 10L, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Nugget, CTZ

OG: 16.7

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
drfabulous (4196) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - AUG 26, 2008
"It’s a good session beer," I was told. What? Undrinkable. No beer in this beer. Where is the taste? I taste lots of water and Budweiser.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - FEB 1, 2004
Cloudy, hazy orange-copper color with a small off white head that doesn't last, no lacing either. Sweet piney-lysol, soapy aroma, over sweet malty flavor with some bitterness, way too sweet for me, taste like soap, medium yet syrupy mouthfeel, I don't like this one at all, I hope I got a bad bottle

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Luvystypotables (805) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - JUL 9, 2014
Virtually no aroma just a hint of hops, copper colored not much head. No distinctive taste just a bitter taste with an oily feel and a bitter finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
hopson (635) - Williamsville, New York, USA - OCT 29, 2007
terrible. At first scent, I was expecing hop aroma, not typical macro adjunct like sweetness. Taste was not much better. Kind of messy presentation with subdued hops, and a thin mouthfeel.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
obguthr (4101) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - NOV 29, 2007
Woody and yeasty aroma or grapefruit. Cloudy amber color, thin head, good lacing. Bitter orange flavor with a lemon peel finish. I really didnít enjoy this much at all. Itís bitter without a complimenting flavor and yeasty.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Tilley4 (218) - Huron, Tennessee, USA - JAN 16, 2008
Hmmmm....Was expecting quite a bit more from this one. It looks ok but amells just like a macro. I had to check the bottle to make sure it wasnít. Just as disappointing taste wise. It tasted like a Budweiser to me. Maybe its the Centennial hops, I donít know, but I bought 2 bottles and the other one is going in the trash. I didnít like this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
voota (765) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - MAY 8, 2008
Light copper with a white head. Aroma is fucky, rustic and tobacco like. There are all sorts of weird yeasty things and green fruits going on too. Medium body, flavour is all over the place, like the aroma.. lots of green fruit and a weird finish. So weird.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
That1Guy (1971) - Greeley, Colorado, USA - AUG 29, 2008
Never had a skunky IPA before, but I guess there’s a first time for everything. Nice dish soap flavor in the finish makes this IPA one to stay away from.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
PhatB420 (648) - Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA - MAY 13, 2009
A mild ipa with no real substance to it other than a tangy tartness that overburdens the hop exposure. A decent brew.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
joeneugs (3498) - Livermore, California, USA - APR 12, 2011
On tap at the Pyramid in the Oakland airport. I hate to give this such a low rating, because it wasnít really that bad, but for an IPA this was so far off the mark I have to. The pour was decent with a golden body and a nice off white head. The aroma didnít have much hops, just some mild pine and mostly cooked vegetables. The flavor was the same. The finish had a bit more hop bitterness, but the weak body and unpleasant cooked veggies kill it. Way below average for the style.