overall

RATINGS: 827   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
We heap the hops into each batch of our Thunderhead IPA. A golden nectar with a striking floral aroma, Thunderhead holds a harmonious balance between its bold hop bitterness and subtle malt backbone.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Munich 10L, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Nugget, CTZ

OG: 16.7

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
kmeves (1098) - Mount Pleasant, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 13, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2006 Sweet grapefruit aroma, blondish hue. Nice lacing on the glass. Bitter through and through, not much balance. I must say I am glad I bought a single of this one and not a six pack.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
drawde (115) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAR 24, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 30, 2007 Hard to explain the taste I get from this. Partially, it has the hoppy bite you’d expect from an IPA. But it also has a smoothed-over, creamy, lavender feel on the palate. I don’t hate it, but to me an IPA should be all bite, not creamy.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
drfabulous (4626) - Lexington, Kentucky, USA - AUG 26, 2008
"It’s a good session beer," I was told. What? Undrinkable. No beer in this beer. Where is the taste? I taste lots of water and Budweiser.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
MaxPower (961) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - FEB 1, 2004
Cloudy, hazy orange-copper color with a small off white head that doesn't last, no lacing either. Sweet piney-lysol, soapy aroma, over sweet malty flavor with some bitterness, way too sweet for me, taste like soap, medium yet syrupy mouthfeel, I don't like this one at all, I hope I got a bad bottle

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Luvystypotables (965) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - JUL 9, 2014
Virtually no aroma just a hint of hops, copper colored not much head. No distinctive taste just a bitter taste with an oily feel and a bitter finish.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
hopson (635) - Williamsville, New York, USA - OCT 29, 2007
terrible. At first scent, I was expecing hop aroma, not typical macro adjunct like sweetness. Taste was not much better. Kind of messy presentation with subdued hops, and a thin mouthfeel.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
obguthr (4427) - Staunton, Virginia, USA - NOV 29, 2007
Woody and yeasty aroma or grapefruit. Cloudy amber color, thin head, good lacing. Bitter orange flavor with a lemon peel finish. I really didn’t enjoy this much at all. It’s bitter without a complimenting flavor and yeasty.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Tilley4 (218) - Huron, Tennessee, USA - JAN 16, 2008
Hmmmm....Was expecting quite a bit more from this one. It looks ok but amells just like a macro. I had to check the bottle to make sure it wasn’t. Just as disappointing taste wise. It tasted like a Budweiser to me. Maybe its the Centennial hops, I don’t know, but I bought 2 bottles and the other one is going in the trash. I didn’t like this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
voota (765) - Melbourne, AUSTRALIA - MAY 8, 2008
Light copper with a white head. Aroma is fucky, rustic and tobacco like. There are all sorts of weird yeasty things and green fruits going on too. Medium body, flavour is all over the place, like the aroma.. lots of green fruit and a weird finish. So weird.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
That1Guy (2033) - Greeley, Colorado, USA - AUG 29, 2008
Never had a skunky IPA before, but I guess there’s a first time for everything. Nice dish soap flavor in the finish makes this IPA one to stay away from.