overall

RATINGS: 819   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.2   IBU: 67   EST. CALORIES: 201   ABV: 6.7%
We heap the hops into each batch of our Thunderhead IPA. A golden nectar with a striking floral aroma, Thunderhead holds a harmonious balance between its bold hop bitterness and subtle malt backbone.

Malts:
2-Row Pale Barley, Munich 10L, Caramel, Carapils

Hops:
Nugget, CTZ

OG: 16.7

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
Fratto (2590) - Arlington, Texas, USA - SEP 17, 2009
Bottle and tap from the Flying Saucer. Very bitter aftertaste. Draught is not much better than the bottle.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Redtown (4) - - MAR 3, 2014 does not count
very disappointing it kind of tastes like budweiser at first but finishes a little better. Aroma isnít to bad but the flavor is very off sweet then bitter and skunky no balance. I thought maybe just poor storage but reading the other reviews probably not.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
JDBaker11058 (1223) - Maryland, USA - MAR 13, 2011
Appearance: marmalade orange, with no head to speak of. Aroma: musty hops; not a very strong aroma. Taste: bitter hops up front, some malty toasted caramel underneath. Finish: lingering and bitter. Notes: lousy.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
mtoast (336) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2007
12oz bottle, down the hatch on 7/25/07. Decent looking enough, head sticks around to see the ending. Aroma is brash C hop, with some old malts floating around. Flavor has a little bit of oxidation with harsh bitterness, very little hop flavor left. Finish is more stale wet cardboard. Perhaps not the freshest example?

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
TravellingGuy (13) - CANADA - FEB 20, 2011
Ick. Donít like hoppy bears, and this one was very hoppy. Horrible aftertaste. I wonít be buying again.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Cavie (3754) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - MAR 6, 2009
Wow. A VERY hoppy beer. I must let it be known that I have no taste for IPAís, so my rating may be tainted, but still. One of those beers that makes you involuntarily kick your leg just to get it down. The only reason I rated it a 2 is due to the existence of Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
JBW (1) - Washington, USA - OCT 16, 2009 does not count
Stay away from this unless you enjoy drinking skunky, stale beer. I have gotten bad batches of this at least four times, they have some serious quality control issues and it is not worth wasting your money.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
lwareham (2) - Waterville, USA - MAR 23, 2010 does not count
Aroma is lacking typical IPA hops forward has a rotten peach instead and a slight burn of alcohol on the nose hairs Apperance: a light red/orange color Taste: not enough of the flavor of the hops in this I get the bitter on the tongue but nothing in the taste and the end is almost metallic I hate that Palate: drinkable on the throat no overpowering bubbles but it leaves a coating on my tongue and teeth again I donít like that overall I would not recommend this beer to an IPA drinker, possibly to a light ale newbie

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
bigA (10) - USA - MAR 31, 2006
Dark straw colored. Smells skunky... tastes skunky. No wonder it was on sale. Bad sample. I will re-rate this when I find a good bottle.