overall
Brewed by Radegast (SABMiller)
Style: Premium Lager
Nošovice, Czech Republic
Serve in Lager glass

RATINGS: 202   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.82   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
TroepHero (15) - Rheden, NETHERLANDS - JUL 13, 2011
Personally I don’t know why this gets rated so low, because in my opinion it tastes A lot like Pilsner Urquell (atleast nowadays) but maybe thats because it gets brewed in Plzen nowadays instead of the town of Radegast like in the past. I like this one a lot because its very bitter just like Urquell.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SiC99 (1) - BELGIUM - MAR 13, 2002 does not count
When I was in Prague Radegast was my favourite brewer and I still think theirs are the best pilsners I have ever had.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
demain1099 (38) - NETHERLANDS - SEP 8, 2000
The deep gold color, hoppy flavor,very good beer!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Tolik99 (47) - USA - DEC 15, 2002
Fantastic sunflower lager: not so hoppy as Urquell, but very rich, crisp, sparkling and refreshing. Goes nice with Bohemian fish (carp). Ideal for pub drinking (and talking).

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
glkaiser (1214) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 2, 2005
OK...so maybe I’m a bit overzealous with my ratings on this one...But, after living in Ostrava, CZ for a year, near where this is made, this is my favorite beer in the world. I prefer this beer to any Czech beer, definitely better tasting than Pilsner. It doesn’t hurt that I was paying about $.30 for each .5L too....

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
billposter (4) - bristol, BOTSWANA - JUN 26, 2006 does not count
For me, this is the best value pils. I like the slightly caramel element. The appearance is good too. Lots of flavour and a great with fish or meat.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Boystout (1000) - Chisinau, MOLDOVA - AUG 25, 2003
Draught in Czech Rep. Golden sunny color and rocky white head. Aroma of bread and spices. Delicious full bodied pils with nicely balanced malty/hoppy/bready palate. When in Prague, it's my drinking priority #1.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
djoeye (1855) - Tromsř, NORWAY - SEP 25, 2013
0,5L bottle from supermarket, Kremenchuk, Ukraine. Very distinct scents of hops, and really a feel of meadow. Very fresh. Tall head, dimishes over a golden straw body. Very fresh and rich taste; hops, herbs, spices, malts. Very well balanced bitterness. Spicy nice mouthfeel indeed. Aftertaste some malts, more from the meadows, and overall splendid pilsener. I have already bought a new....

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
motelpogo (7054) - Plzen, CZECH REPUBLIC - JAN 1, 2003
ostrava’s best export since ivan lendl. like ivan i fear it may be past its best. the standard seems to have slipped and it has become more of a supermarket beer and quite hard to find in pubs

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Donatas (188) - Vilnius, LITHUANIA - DEC 15, 2002
Fine beer. I would like, that it was a little bit stronger. Very good in old style czech pub.