overall

RATINGS: 96   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.04   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
Mountain fresh ale

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 20/20
sickassmick (227) - Concord, California, USA - DEC 15, 2007
I cant find this anymore.. I just remember getting way drunker off of a six pack than I should have at 18.. we nicknamed it RAIL. I don’t remember it tasting half bad. I bought it from a really expensive supermarket and probably thought it was microbrew at the time. Ouch.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
TheLeadDog (101) - Kent, Washington, USA - NOV 26, 2007
We here in Washington call this the Green Bottle Blues. When you wanted a buzz quick it was either a Mickey’s or Rainier Ale. Skunky and weak with a pale yellow color with no head, lacing, or body, but after 5 or 6 at a party when you are still 18 who cares.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Wulfstan (509) - California, USA - NOV 13, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 6, 2007 I had long seen this in stores, was curious, read about it, and just tried it, not expecting much. Surprisingly, I like it quite a bit. It is deep golden with a thick, dense white head that lasts and slowly dissipates, leaving some weak lacing. The aroma is sweetish malt & grain, a bit flowery with a hint of hops. The taste is lightly malty and lots of grain, a light, fruitiness and a grain finish. It is predominantly lightly sweet with a hint of the alcohol mostly in the warm feel rather than the taste. The flavour is reminiscent of a typical American pale lager but much stronger, sweeter, and more warm. It is very smooth and quite satisyfing and the flavours hold up very well with food.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
riversideAK (5695) - Shoreline, Washington, USA - OCT 20, 2007
This is a fine malt liquor. I dont care what anyone says. It is sweet and adjuncty and ridiculously carbonated but it is awesome. It gets you drunk and it is very easy to drink. If you have no money and want to drink get one of these. You will not be disappointed. I promise!

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
jake65 (2791) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 16, 2007
16 oz. Can: Reluctantly sampled the remainder from a black-and-tan that I also was "fortunate enough" to sample. Pours bright gold with a white head and very active bubbles. Looks alive. Nose is watery, grain, and malty. Taste is very smooth, yet features no real flavor. Water that may or may not have been beer 8 or 9 filtrations ago...

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
trokini (1025) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 13, 2007
The green death. Light yellow with a fizzy head. The smell is quite pleasant, kind of like a forest with a lot of wet leaves on the ground. Sugary sweet corn and cereal with the taste of rotting wood.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
bhensonb (11789) - Woodland, California, USA - JUL 18, 2007
Aroma of adjuncts. Corny. Brassy gold color with a decent white head. A bit thin in body. Sweet in a sicky sort of way. Not really near enough bitter to make this work. Query whether this is the old recipe of decades ago. Probably. Tastes change. Don’t know why I ever drank it back in the day.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
DuffMan (7227) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - JUN 19, 2007
Clear golden yellow, foamy white head. Corn-syrup and apple juice aroma, harsh and overly sweet with an ethanolic finish. Garbage.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
jonahp (3) - California, USA - JUN 15, 2007 does not count
Being a softcore fan of the regular Rainier, my friends and I decided to give the Rainier Ale a try. We had heard stories about the "green death", people saying that the Rainier Ale would get you piss drunk, etc...but we decided to ignore what we thought was mere hearsay and try our hand at the Rainier Ale. I can say with full confidence that this beer is one of the worst ales known to mankind. The only credit I can offer this horrible beverage is that it will get you drunk, and fast too. I have seen this beer make boys out of men, and fools out of kings. Beware the Rainier Ale!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Papsoe (25076) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - MAR 21, 2007
(Can 47,3 cl) Clear, pilsener golden with a creamy, white head. Aroma of alcohol and brewing cereal. Fairly light body completely dominated by alcohol, sulphur and brewing cereal - all good stuff... Subdued bitterness. Your typical Malt Liquour. 190307