RATINGS: 98   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.04/5   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
Mountain fresh ale

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
jonahp (3) - California, USA - JUN 15, 2007 does not count
Being a softcore fan of the regular Rainier, my friends and I decided to give the Rainier Ale a try. We had heard stories about the "green death", people saying that the Rainier Ale would get you piss drunk, etc...but we decided to ignore what we thought was mere hearsay and try our hand at the Rainier Ale. I can say with full confidence that this beer is one of the worst ales known to mankind. The only credit I can offer this horrible beverage is that it will get you drunk, and fast too. I have seen this beer make boys out of men, and fools out of kings. Beware the Rainier Ale!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Papsoe (25069) - Frederiksberg, DENMARK - MAR 21, 2007
(Can 47,3 cl) Clear, pilsener golden with a creamy, white head. Aroma of alcohol and brewing cereal. Fairly light body completely dominated by alcohol, sulphur and brewing cereal - all good stuff... Subdued bitterness. Your typical Malt Liquour. 190307

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
beerbill (3575) - Laurel, New York, USA - JAN 25, 2007
12 oz. can. Sometimes, when friends or family go away on trips, knowing that I like to try new beers, like to bring me home a beer they think is "different." Such was the case with Rainier Ale. Pours a pale yellow with a soapy white head. Very indistinct aroma. Corn sweetener and alcohol are the predominant flavors. Heavy alcohol burn at the finish along with that special malt liquor aftertaste. Another fine product brought to us by the good people at Miller. AVOID.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
troopie (2291) - Munchen an der Willamette, Oregon, USA - JAN 20, 2007
Draught at a bar after work. I tried this out of curiosity. Unmemorable aroma, unmemorable appearance. Flavour of alcohol and fizz. But the finish, ye gods the finish. It seemed to be equal parts mine tailings, essence of tin and crocodile kak. Hours later, I still tasted that godawful finish. This is not an ale, this is a disgrace.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
duffman462 (175) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - OCT 29, 2006
Last week, on my way to the gas station, I spotted a young and attractive young lady outside the gas station smoking a cigarette and holding bag containing a six-pack of green death tall boys. "We’re gonna get so drunk tonight," I heard her say. I approached her and told her to drop the beer and run. She thought I was joking, but I wasn’t. This beer is not for the casual drinker. If your liver is smaller than a soccer-ball, you must avoid this beer. You will be the same color green as the can the morning after, and wishing you were dead. If that girl is still alive, and I surmise that she is not, she would say the same thing. Don’t drink this beer, not even a drop.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - JUL 2, 2006
Ahh, the green death! A very popular drink here in the west back in the day! Still available, but I now avoid it, sticky sweet, corny. High alc., all the stuff college kids love! Give me regular Rainier over this anyday.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
Swanny6416 (8) - Auburn, Washington, USA - APR 12, 2006 does not count
We nicknamed this swill "Green Death" in college. It was bad then and I can’t believe they still sell it.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
oldrtybastrd (3376) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - DEC 30, 2005
Pours a light golden yellow. Aromas of minor hops, corn, grains. Flavor is light, crisp, watery with a little hop and not much else.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
PorterPounder (6536) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - SEP 12, 2005
Picked up at a non-deScript corner Liquor store in the Tenderloin district of San Francisco - attractive, green, 16 oz can. Light golden appearance with a sticky, pillowy white, soapy head. Wet paper bag aroma with some stale fruit notes. Flavor is nothing but alcohol with some dry cheap white wine notes. Mouthfeel is thin and it burns a bit going down. Why is this called an ale again?

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Gromit (479) - Port Orchard, Washington, USA - JUL 14, 2005
Who-boy. I really need a job. $3.99 for a six-pack of 16-oz cans and I needed something to numb the brain when I thought my cat was going to die. Ug. Okay, this’ll be easy to rate: Pissy yellow beer with no head, straw-grassy odo... I mean, aroma. Flavor is objectionable at best and follows the aroma. Palate is oddly thick and fully with some decent foam, which scares me to think of where it came from. Overall? Yeah, it’s crap.