overall

RATINGS: 200   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.89   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Rainier beer brings together nature’s bounty from the great Northwest. Pure spring waters combine with golden barley and verdant hops to produce a beer rich in taste and texture. Fermented slowly with a pedigree yeast culture under tightly controlled conditions, Rainier comes forth with a satisfying malty flavor over a slightly fruity background, spiced with Chinook, Mt. Hood, and Willamette hop notes.

0.8
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
DocLock (8054) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 9, 2004
Another crapfest brew from Miller. Maybe some people can be fooled into thinking this is good because it’s named after a mountain in the Northwest. Whatever.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - MAY 28, 2004
This is comparable to Pabst’s. Has a little flavor to it. Not very interesting. This is your typical ball park kind of beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
pootzboy (1597) - Hawgville, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 26, 2004
This is not the same Rainier I had in Seattle many years ago. The gauntlet of the Stroh-Pabst-Miller purchases has done something to the unique brewing recipie/process of this beer... it was a pale, tart, well hopped standard US lager without adjuncts. The Rainier I had in Glacier Park yesterday was weak tasting and the tart hop quality was nearly undetectable plus I detected something like a rice or corn sugars in the flavour. The aroma was weak....what a let down. I had been looking forward to this trip to the western US to reacquaint myself with their old standards (like Olympia, rainier Coors etc) and this was a foreboding start. All in all this New Rainier is probably one of the best US standards but it certainly has lost it’s distinct character since miller bought the brand.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Bov (9780) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - MAY 15, 2004
I had this beer many years ago at one time when I was only giving ratings to the beers but was too lazy and stupid to write down my thoughts. I will update this as soon as I get my hands on this beer again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAY 10, 2004
Good tasting, cheap, and reminds me when i drink it that i live in a shit hole. I would drink this just as much as schmidt, another good tasting white trash beer

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAY 9, 2004
I brought some of this home when I went to see my girlfriend in Montana and it quickly fit my standards. It is cheap, white trash swill, just my kind of beer. The worst part about living in South Dakota is I cannot find Rainier or Blatz beers.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
sama1982 (2) - Bozeman, Montana, USA - FEB 18, 2004 does not count
My favorite!!! Goes down easy and is relatively inexpensive. The only beer I drink when I go out.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
hershiser2 (1232) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - FEB 2, 2004
A not so yummy, yet cheap beer. Good for taking to family gatherings to get your relatives sloshed, while you sit back and enjoy a nice Stone IPA.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
rabuc (143) - carlisle, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 13, 2004
another bad miller beer! it brings back memories of living in the northwest! not a good aroma when poured. tasted ok - very watery, with mild grainy flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
dirtymike (2016) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - DEC 15, 2003
GABF '03 Wow, can you really be expected to write anything good about this? Hmmm, how about, it didn't make me vomit.That's positive right?