overall

RATINGS: 197   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.9   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Rainier beer brings together nature’s bounty from the great Northwest. Pure spring waters combine with golden barley and verdant hops to produce a beer rich in taste and texture. Fermented slowly with a pedigree yeast culture under tightly controlled conditions, Rainier comes forth with a satisfying malty flavor over a slightly fruity background, spiced with Chinook, Mt. Hood, and Willamette hop notes.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
IslandHaole (1091) - Yokosuka-Shi, Kanagawa-Ken, JAPAN - AUG 14, 2002
Smells funky but tastes OK. Typical Macro swill, dirt cheap and has those puzzles in the cap. Reminds me of Lucky Lager when I was a kid.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2002
This beer sucks. I had this beer a few times last Summer as an intern in Seattle, but only when I was really drunk and didnt know the difference. Light and watery.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
HH (165) - Everett, Washington, USA - JUL 22, 2002
Had on tap at Long Beach tavern. Was surprised it actually had a head and left foam stuck on the inside of the glass. Your basic everyday beer. Nothing great but nothing bad either.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
KingPinHead (390) - Des Moines, Washington, USA - JUL 15, 2002
I had to take my car in for service this morning, so for some fun I walked down the street into one of those taverns that opens at 7 a.m. This beer was the obvious choice! Aroma was mild but hoppy--not high-quality hops, but at least there was some effort expended. Color a lightish gold with thin head--acceptable lace, however. Flavor and mouthfeel both compromised by excessive carbonation, at least excessive for the mild countenance of both malt and hops, which provided flavor only in the front of the palate--a curious sensation. Finish was essentially neutral with trace sweetness. This beer holds a place in my memory cuz my high school mates and I could get a half-case of pint bottles of this stuff for the same price as 12-ouncers of national-brand macrobrew, so it has to rate some value points here!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - JUL 15, 2002
I drank this a lot when I lived in Seattle, and it was brewed by Rainier right there in the city. I loved the smell of the brewery when passing it. Must be consumed in Washington state to be appreciated. However, now that the brewery is closed I guess it doesn’t matter. Better than Bud and a sentimental favorite.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Bolt (117) - Boulder Creek, California, USA - JUN 5, 2002
Not bad, but I like Rainier ale much better. Other than that it’s Pretty clean tasting with a very distinguishing after taste.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 12/20
MarshallMac (143) - West Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - MAY 6, 2002
this is a dirt cheap beer that will do the same justice as any other mainstream lager in the world

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
blueyedbeerguy99 (12) - Wallace, Idaho, USA - APR 23, 2002
Has that great, distinctive Rainier taste. But I’m from Mullan too!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Nate (3648) - Indiana, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 15, 2002
Out of the can, this ’queer beer’ is no better than a lot of the other swill out there. However, fresh from the tap in Olympia, it wasn’t too bad.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
themorningzoo (49) - Fairbanks, USA - APR 6, 2002
Well we all have to slum sometime... a friend brought it over for the game.... I wonder if I would liked it better there in the cheap seats... at least it didn’t come in a white label with black writing