RATINGS: 215   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.93   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Rainier beer brings together nature’s bounty from the great Northwest. Pure spring waters combine with golden barley and verdant hops to produce a beer rich in taste and texture. Fermented slowly with a pedigree yeast culture under tightly controlled conditions, Rainier comes forth with a satisfying malty flavor over a slightly fruity background, spiced with Chinook, Mt. Hood, and Willamette hop notes.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
Merc (313) - Pullman, Washington, USA - DEC 14, 2002
Damn annoying jingle, can’t get it out of my head. Not a bad aroma for the style, fruity. Flavour is very bland though. Overcarbonated.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Crit (3606) - Surrey, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 9, 2002
No aroma whatsoever. Faint grainy taste, not much else.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Lumberjack99 (14) - Arizona, USA - NOV 24, 2002
A classic, cheap workingman’s beer. Slightly "off" flavor, not skunky in any way, but more of a burnt flavor. One of those beers that you will either love or you will hate. I love it, but it’s impossible to find down here in the Southwest. An acquired taste.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
jpfrog (130) - Bellingham, Washington, USA - OCT 21, 2002
Definitely not a good beer, but if I’m going for a really cheap drunk with my friends this is my beer of choice.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Gregory (357) - Pullman, Washington, USA - SEP 13, 2002
better than the big 3 that’s all I can say,and I keep some in my fridge.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
presario (4901) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 13, 2002
Don’t like it at all. I guess you could get used to it but why? Funny smell, weak attempt at flavour and thin aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - SEP 6, 2002
Nice aroma wonderful malty flavor crisp and clean.Malty finish is really great.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
drismyhero (815) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - AUG 16, 2002
UPDATED: FEB 20, 2005 It’s been some time since I first joined the sight and went on a macro rampage rating all of them betweet 0.7 and 1.5 - however if you truly consider 2.5 the absolute average, this should be right around the average it’s currently at; however, if we were to have a seperate scale for all of the macros, this would be right up there with PBR. I don’t encourage anyone to rate this as though it were seperate because it’s not, but just keep in mind that Rainier ("Ran-wah" as said by those who love it) is one of the better of the worst.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
IslandHaole (1133) - Mililani, Hawaii, USA - AUG 14, 2002
Smells funky but tastes OK. Typical Macro swill, dirt cheap and has those puzzles in the cap. Reminds me of Lucky Lager when I was a kid.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Andrew196 (1133) - Katy, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2002
This beer sucks. I had this beer a few times last Summer as an intern in Seattle, but only when I was really drunk and didnt know the difference. Light and watery.