overall

RATINGS: 193   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.9   EST. CALORIES: 138   ABV: 4.6%
Rainier beer brings together nature’s bounty from the great Northwest. Pure spring waters combine with golden barley and verdant hops to produce a beer rich in taste and texture. Fermented slowly with a pedigree yeast culture under tightly controlled conditions, Rainier comes forth with a satisfying malty flavor over a slightly fruity background, spiced with Chinook, Mt. Hood, and Willamette hop notes.

blackmurder (226) - sadf, Hawaii, USA - APR 19, 2012
My all time favorite macro lager. Really easy to drink and triumphs over all in its class. This is a great beer if you’re on a budget or just want something light.

desmaraise (5) - - NOV 29, 2013 does not count
Beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
OD40oz (768) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAY 9, 2004
I brought some of this home when I went to see my girlfriend in Montana and it quickly fit my standards. It is cheap, white trash swill, just my kind of beer. The worst part about living in South Dakota is I cannot find Rainier or Blatz beers.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Jayson2425 (167) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAY 10, 2004
Good tasting, cheap, and reminds me when i drink it that i live in a shit hole. I would drink this just as much as schmidt, another good tasting white trash beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
pjcoupe (105) - Perryton, Texas, USA - SEP 6, 2002
Nice aroma wonderful malty flavor crisp and clean.Malty finish is really great.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
sama1982 (2) - Bozeman, Montana, USA - FEB 18, 2004 does not count
My favorite!!! Goes down easy and is relatively inexpensive. The only beer I drink when I go out.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
blueyedbeerguy99 (12) - Wallace, Idaho, USA - APR 23, 2002
Has that great, distinctive Rainier taste. But I’m from Mullan too!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Lumberjack99 (14) - Arizona, USA - NOV 24, 2002
A classic, cheap workingman’s beer. Slightly "off" flavor, not skunky in any way, but more of a burnt flavor. One of those beers that you will either love or you will hate. I love it, but it’s impossible to find down here in the Southwest. An acquired taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GrainBeltMan (27) - California, USA - DEC 22, 2013
This is a nicely balanced lager with a pleasant combo of slight sweetness mixed with grassy and faintly floral hops and a pleasantly bitter finish. Aroma is old fashioned adjunct. Appearance is pale, clear with reasonably persistent white head. Body is light--but not unduly so for the style. Carbonation is a little light for my tastes. Overall, this is a great "session" beer, refreshing and light but with more character than most of the "big guys." It’s similar to Coors original in some ways, which is not a bad thing. I could drink a LOT of these and I think I will RIGHT NOW!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Beer Guy99 (250) - Maineville, Ohio, USA - JAN 31, 2002
I always enjoyed Rainier. If the locals had supported it, they’d still have the Rainier Brewery going strong in Seattle. Good body, very light but with good flavor. This is a good American standard lager at any price. The fact that it costs less than Bud or Miller doesn’t mean it’s inferior to those lousy brews. On the contrary, it has more body, flavor and character than any national brand. What a shame that more people don’t celebrate their regional differences by embracing regional beers like Rainier.