Brewed by Rat Hole Brewing
Style: Porter
Bend, Oregon USA

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 3.03/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.97   ABV: -
Our Vanilla Porter Offers a Mild Appealing Aroma of Vanilla. You Will Also find the Creamy Texture a Pleasure to the Palate with a Hint of Chocolate in the Finish. We Accomplish this Award Winning Taste by using Fresh Madagascar Vanilla Bean, Six Malts, High Quality Chocolate, and Flaked Oats.

cwald's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
cwald (91) - Oregon, USA - OCT 25, 2013
HQT night. Draft at Brewery. This is a very good vanilla porter. I think the color was appealing, Not overpowering vanilla aroma or after taste, but it was certainly there. Just a hint of chocolate....much less bold tastes than the house Porter...Fencepost. I would drink the fencepost first, but this beer has nothing to be embarrassed about.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
FunBeer (1) - Lebanon, Oregon, USA - JUL 26, 2015 does not count
one of my favorites from all the vanillas I have tasted. Only down side is they don’t fill Growlers. It is our always go to spot when we visit Bend.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
IndianaRed (2880) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUL 16, 2015
On Tap at the Bend Brew Pub Deep dark brown, no head or lacing. I had this right next to the fence post and I bet the vanilla added killed the head retention. I think the vanilla is a bit over powering. It shoud be an accent and not featured. Very mild chocolate (probably enhanced by the vanilla) and a touch of coffee. Very soft carbonation. Just OK.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DedicatedToFun (3935) - Santa Monica, California, USA - MAR 20, 2015
Tap, black pour, tan head, nose is vanilla, taste is vanilla, chocolate, coffee, good