Jackie-Os Dynamo Hum

Brewed by Jackie-Os Pub & Brewery
Athens, Ohio USA
Style: Sour/Wild Ale | Ratings: 74 | Alcohol: 6%
Dynamo Hum was a beer I set out to create over 3 years ago. Started with a small 5 gallon project where I soured some of our Razz Wheat. After finding some promising results from one of my first experiments in wild fermentation, I quickly filled a cabernet barrel with Razz Wheat and let it do its thing. A year into the aging, I added 30 pounds of locally harvested raspberries and let the beer develop for almost another year. This barrel quickly became my favorite barrel in our sour program. This framboise aged for over 22 months before we decided it was time to release it to the public. It is sad to see it go, but that same barrel has been filled again, and will reap a new dynamo brew in due time.

Aroma

Show This Beer's Availability

Wishlist Add - Delete

Beer Rating Assistance
toggle
Click the descriptors below to add them to your comments.

AROMA
 APPEARANCE
 TASTE
 PALATE
 OVERALL

Aroma is one of beer's most complex features. Aroma is propelled by lively CO2 and dampened by pillowy heads - especially nitrogen foam. Click on a term below to add it to your tasting notes.

Malt
caramel, bread, hay, cereal, chocolate, coffee, nuts, toast, roasty

Hops
resin, floral, grass, spruce, citrus, herbs

Yeast/Bacteria
dough, barnyard, cheese, basement aromas, leather, earthy, leaves

Other
alcohol, banana, bubblegum, butterscotch, clove, cooked vegetables, cough drop, ginger, licorice, raisin, rotten eggs, soy sauce, skunky, smoke, vanilla, woody