overall

RATINGS: 408   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Tawny red and full of malt and hops, Full Moon’s unique flavor quells your palate’s longing for something truly distinctive. Marrying the smooth sweetness of malted rye and barley, the ale’s rich body is complemented by ample helpings of American hops. The culmination of our efforts is an assertive American pale ale, a hop lovers dream.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
omhper (19230) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - MAR 24, 2003
Sampled draught at The Flying Saucer, Addison, Texas.
Dark amber. Clean and reasonably malty with chewy mouthfeel and citrsuy hoppiness. Very bitter finish. Really solid.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
uhorpheus (215) - houston, Texas, USA - FEB 23, 2003
Seems like a good beer, but not quite my style so it was hard to rate fairly. I don't know how much rye is actually in it, but I felt like I could almost taste it. Well made pale ale, just not my style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
CaptainCougar (7129) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - FEB 1, 2003
Dark amber, lightly cloudy appearance with a blooming head. Fresh hoppy aroma reminds me of a homebrew I once made. Full bodied with good malt/rye backbone and a good amount of citrusy hop bitterness. Best Texas brew I have had yet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jazz88 (2545) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 30, 2002
Bottle. Looks just like the Great Grains Texas Tornado which everyone panned and I gave a 2 for appearance. A tea water lookin’ muck with a laced off-white head. The only difference is that this beer actually tastes alright. You can sense the rye in this pale ale as it leaves a grainy dry aftertaste. The citrus notes at the front help balance the beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
foduck (330) - Denton, Texas, USA - DEC 27, 2002
Grapefruit hops overpower everything else. Acceptable but I don’t care much for grapefruit.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Nuffield (3665) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - NOV 24, 2002
Distinctive citric notes in aroma and flavor, particularly grapefruit. Struck me as a typical West Coast offering--no shortage of hops, bitterness all over the aftertaste--but there IS something odd here. I didn’t really place it as the rye until later when it seemed to suggest itself. Decent enough for what it is, but not something of which I’d want a second pint--way too harshly bitter for my taste. (on tap, Flying Saucer, Addison, TX)

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - NOV 1, 2002
A proud ale that hails from Blanco, TX, right in the middle of nowheresville. This is a hard-biting APA that has an odd something (must be the rye) in the taste that’s out-of-the-ordinary. My label did not look like the cool label above but rather depicted the Blanco County courthouse (how boring is that?!). Plently of bittering hops and I like the rye. At least it’s not watery like Yellow Rose and Balcones Fault beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerLimey (2154) - California, USA - SEP 16, 2002
Good twist on a pale ale. Cloudy dark amber color and great head formation. Aroma shows some bubble gum malt, lightly hopped citrus and spice. Palate is initially sweet and malty with licorice that runs through the middle, some peppery spice towards the end and a good citric finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
scottyg (79) - Gainesville, Florida, USA - AUG 27, 2002
Not Real Ale’s best beer, not not bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
nstal (237) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2002
Good use of the spicy rye flavor with a nice hop finish. Above average pale ale overall.