overall

RATINGS: 413   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.38   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Tawny red and full of malt and hops, Full Moon’s unique flavor quells your palate’s longing for something truly distinctive. Marrying the smooth sweetness of malted rye and barley, the ale’s rich body is complemented by ample helpings of American hops. The culmination of our efforts is an assertive American pale ale, a hop lovers dream.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Aurelius (4181) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUL 31, 2003
Bottled. Very nice fruity aroma, with good caramel and a little vinegar. Overcarbonated. I got a 100% foam pour out of an ice-cold bottle, and the buff colored foam wouldn't quit. Flecks of brown (orange peel?) in the foam and sinking to the bottom of the glass. A pinky-orange, new penny color with a very slight haze. Lightly sweet, with a medicinal/vegetable quality to it, over grapefruit. The CO2 spoiled the mouthfeel, and made it more acidic than I think it would be under different circumstances. I agree with bigbadbear, this is a different brew, and although not stellar, it ought to be tried. One other note, my label was 100% different than one pictured -- it had a woodcut courthouse on it. Rerate a little warmer this time. This grows on you. Nudging the rating up.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
BBB63 (6045) - La Porte, Indiana, USA - JUL 12, 2003
On tap at Flying Saucer Ft Worth Texas. Amber hue with a small white head head and little lacing, medium-bodied. Aroma of toasted malts, flowers, earthy yeast. Just a hint of smoke, spice and rye. I expected the rye to be more pronounced. Good balance in flavor with a clean and crisp finish. Mostly oily ans soft mouthfeel. This brwe is different, the rye style adds a new diminsion, slight recommendation.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
joet (2172) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - JUN 8, 2003
Medium heavy bisuit aromas and flavors, new beer yeastiness, worty, unfinished, long flat finish. Has nrightness but way too much young character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Libeerian (209) - Garner, North Carolina, USA - JUN 5, 2003
I'm not crazy about most rye beers which is why I really liked this one. It's a decent pale ale with a rye flavor that's not overdone. It's still got the dry rye finish but the grainy rye tones augment rather that overpower the other malts.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
JCW (1274) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAR 29, 2003
I guess I'm missing the Rye end of this Pale Ale, but what the heck, I really like it. Piney hopped, medium bodied (which is full for a pale). Nice brew, hopped as well as some IPAs. Many Thanks go out this Fly for this one. It was a pleasure meeting up with him and his significant. Cheers

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
omhper (19383) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - MAR 24, 2003
Sampled draught at The Flying Saucer, Addison, Texas.
Dark amber. Clean and reasonably malty with chewy mouthfeel and citrsuy hoppiness. Very bitter finish. Really solid.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
uhorpheus (215) - houston, Texas, USA - FEB 23, 2003
Seems like a good beer, but not quite my style so it was hard to rate fairly. I don't know how much rye is actually in it, but I felt like I could almost taste it. Well made pale ale, just not my style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
CaptainCougar (7132) - Columbia, Maryland, USA - FEB 1, 2003
Dark amber, lightly cloudy appearance with a blooming head. Fresh hoppy aroma reminds me of a homebrew I once made. Full bodied with good malt/rye backbone and a good amount of citrusy hop bitterness. Best Texas brew I have had yet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jazz88 (2556) - San Francisco, California, USA - DEC 30, 2002
Bottle. Looks just like the Great Grains Texas Tornado which everyone panned and I gave a 2 for appearance. A tea water lookin’ muck with a laced off-white head. The only difference is that this beer actually tastes alright. You can sense the rye in this pale ale as it leaves a grainy dry aftertaste. The citrus notes at the front help balance the beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
foduck (330) - Denton, Texas, USA - DEC 27, 2002
Grapefruit hops overpower everything else. Acceptable but I don’t care much for grapefruit.