overall
Formerly brewed at Big City Brewing Company
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 45   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.24   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
To discriminating beer drinkers, Real Rock is the Premium classic full bodied Jamaican beer made in the European tradition that provides the best value, pure quality and excitement for the experience.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Spiesy (2338) - Sydney, Greater London, AUSTRALIA - MAY 8, 2004
Bottled. Standard larger. Amber, rather then pale nonsense that you tend to get from hot countries. Standard larger non-descript beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Bov (9050) - Bienne, SWITZERLAND - JAN 3, 2004
transparent golden colour, the initial foam quickly disappears, some aromatic hops give it a buttery nose, the body is light and crip with a short dry finish - very forgettable

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
jgb9348 (4490) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - JUN 13, 2003
I had this on tap quite a few times when I was in Jamaica recently, and I found it similar in colour to a traditional lager. The head stayed atop for a while, but faded with time. The taste was a bit stronger and tastier than Red Stripe and overall...I prefered this to Red Stripe. Definately give this a try if you can find it at your resort in Jamaica.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
raymow (780) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 9, 2003
I just had a couple of bottles of this in Jamaica and found it fairly similar to Red Stripe. It was very refreshing in the heat and I'd definitelt drink it again. However, if given the choice between this and Red Stripe, I'd probably go with the Red Stripe. Of course, if you can guarantee to send me to Jamaica - I'd gladly drink either one.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
SilkTork (5121) - Rochester, Kent, United Kingdom, Kent, ENGLAND - MAY 7, 2003
Buttery corn filled industrial global lager. Poor quality from a new brewery.