overall

RATINGS: 632   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.46   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brewed with two barley malts and five varieties of American hops, Red Dog is a bold, yet uncommonly smooth beer. Golden in color, Red Dog is a full-flavored lager with medium body and crisp, refreshing finish. Introduced in 1994, Red Dog won the Gold for American-Style Lager/Ale or Cream at the 2002 Great American Beer Festival.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
solidfunk (3997) - Washington D.C., Washington DC, USA - DEC 18, 2012
Goes down smooth. Not sure of that a complement, really. No foul aftertaste or anything though. Passes the time waiting at a bus stop on the Panamerican highway for a bus to take me to David.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
ads135 (2955) - Lawrence, Kansas, USA - DEC 13, 2012
I remember when this beer was introduced and the blitz of advertising it produced. I drank it only once, on a trip from Chicago back to Kirksville. Creamier than most comparable beers, but that is about the only difference.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Smitty1994 (27) - Portage, Michigan, USA - NOV 18, 2012
Used to drink this garbage in college. It was cheap, but that's about it. Choke it down and get ready for a nasty hangover. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
ZoloftMuncher (1) - - NOV 7, 2012 does not count
gnore the beer snobs that trash this beer, their uber sophisticated palletes will never be able to appreciate the awesomeness of this beer. This beer won a gold medal at the Great American Beer Festival last year for a reason, itís one of the best American adjunct lagers on the planet. This beer pours from the can looking like liquid gold. The smell would probably bring Bob Mckenzie to his knees. It tastes like God just gave me a golden shower. Overall this is one of the easiest drinking beers ever created and should be a constant in everyones beer rotation. Good luck finding a better beer for the price, because it isnít about to happen.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jmagnus87 (2427) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - NOV 6, 2012
12oz bottle poured into a shaker. Pours a clear pale gold with about a half finger of white head. Aroma of grains, slightly skunky. Taste is light sweet. Corn, grains, a little skunk and...some caramel? Yeah there is absolutely some caramel in there. Medium bodied with a creamy and slightly sticky texture. Lively carbonation and a decently long finish. Overall, not bad. I wont seek it out, but Iíll drink this one while watching the election results roll in.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
thooper41 (548) - BELGIUM - OCT 21, 2012
12oz bottle: Appearance is golden brown with a quick fading white head. Aroma is of stale malt. Taste is generic lager bad minus the aluminum can taste. Drinkable but but nothing more.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
nike (966) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 13, 2012
I didnít know they still made this brew. I remember when it first came out, and I havenít seen it in such a long time, until my beer buddy cheap gave me a can. So, I drank it straight from the 12oz can. Nothing much different here, typical macro pale lager, I still enjoy these beers. Actually, I found it to be rahter tasty, but then again, I was really in a mood for a beer.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
MIBRomeo (2559) - Wisconsin, USA - SEP 1, 2012
Another bad effort at they say pale lager I say light malt liquor. Nothing redeeming in this beer.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
stevoj (2152) - Boise, Idaho, USA - JUL 26, 2012
Canít say no to free beer. My father-in-law bought this because it had a dog on the label. That might have been the best feature...

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
b3shine (5425) - Indiana, USA - JUL 17, 2012
Can to pint (from notes). This is cheap, shitty beer that tastes like it. No redeeming qualities here, and Iím not going to waste my time describing how it offends my senses.