overall

RATINGS: 635   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.46   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brewed with two barley malts and five varieties of American hops, Red Dog is a bold, yet uncommonly smooth beer. Golden in color, Red Dog is a full-flavored lager with medium body and crisp, refreshing finish. Introduced in 1994, Red Dog won the Gold for American-Style Lager/Ale or Cream at the 2002 Great American Beer Festival.

zenbrew99's rating

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
zenbrew99 (20) - USA - APR 27, 2002
Not even for my worst enemy!

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
slowrunner77 (5977) - Reno, Nevada, USA - OCT 16, 2014
"soda water with beer flavoring"...i like that. throw in some alcohol, and you have a red dog. there is no good reason to drink this...so please do yourself a favor and get a real beer."

terrytt (1) - - SEP 19, 2014 does not count
I like this red dog beer..they should bring it out to the stores..most stores donít have it..

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
tectactoe (2041) - Michigan, USA - SEP 19, 2014
Can: Roommates brought some leftovers home after a beer hockey game. Pale body, straw color, lots of life. Head like a 7-up, crackling & fizzling out quickly. No aroma. No nose at all. Maybe a little grain & metal. Nasty flavor of dirty corn husks, nickels, grain, & a pungently stale hop bitterness. Carbonation slashes your tongue up worse than Jason Voorhees. My expectations were at rock bottom, & they were met. This is some pretty awful shit.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
TXBadger (1421) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 14, 2014
Again, had plenty of this back in college. Pours an amber color with white head. Best when had really cold.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
Insertpunhere (31) - Illinois, USA - AUG 7, 2014
I havenít drank this since the 90ís. I only remember the caps would have a little saying on the bottom. The beer was not good. Memories!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 9/20
nakedwhendrunk (2197) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - JUL 29, 2014
Reviewed from notes. Most of the time, this one was consumed right out of the can. For reviewing purposes, here are my observations. This was poured into a pint glass. The appearance was a hazy yellow color with a fair transparency about it as well. Carbonation was rapidly rising. There wasnít any head. The smell had some cooked corn with vegetal quality to it. The taste was sweet and metallic. On the palate, luckily what makes up for this one was a smooth crispness to roll over my tongue making it feel about a light to medium on the body. Overall, a pale lager thatís not exactly tasty or has a good aroma. Donít ask me why it has a decent mouthfeel. Weird.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
alexsdad06 (5570) - Ohio, USA - JUL 1, 2014
Can at home from backlog notes 07. I donít know why I thought this may be better than other macro crap. Yellow, corn, pale grainy malts, nothing worth doing ever again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
kkleu357 (315) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 19, 2014
Ah, Red Dog. The beer my parents used to bribe me and my friends with to help clean up the cottage and yard when opening it up for the summer. Maybe its just good memories, but I donít think it is that bad. Not much flavor at all, very watery, but nothing bad in the taste either. Either way, the only reason for me to ever drink it again would be to relive some old memories with some old friends.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
generallee08 (714) - New York, USA - JUN 3, 2014
The color was a very pale yellow. It formed a small head that quickly faded out. Red Dog has a light malt smell of cornflakes and hay. The palate is light and thin with light cereal like malt favor. At a little over three bucks for a six-pack of 16oz cans this one is good if you are really low on cash.

1.2
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
risher21 (20) - - APR 23, 2014
This is probably the worst beer I have ever tasted. I drank it on accident after a friend offered me some and I will try to avoid it in the future!