overall
Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 152   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.91   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Red Stripe Light is D&Gís alternative to the original. It has a smoother taste, and besides having a lower alcohol content, it is also ílessí of a beer as it comes in 10.5 oz. bottles.

1.1
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
beernovice39 (3140) - Montana, USA - JUN 19, 2010
Smoother taste they say? I wanted to say something witty about this "beer" like watered down water etc. but its worse. Clear gold pour with white head. Musty scent. OLD cereal and metal taste, BAD

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
llcooldave (1101) - San Antonio, Texas, USA - JUN 18, 2010
What can you say? Itís a bit skunky. Iím typing words to fill up space till the red box goes away...

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Fratto (2626) - Arlington, Texas, USA - JUN 18, 2010
Brown Stubby from the Fort Worth Central Market. Yellow pour with a small white head. Not a lot to say. Itís smells and looks like Red Stripe. Itís a little skunky, sweet, and grainy. I still like the ad campaign.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Cavie (3801) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - JUN 16, 2010
Bottle from Central Market courtesy of Fratto. Clear light yellow color. Aroma of dirty corn and grain. Nothing past that. Taste is weak grain. Flavor of meh and lightness. Hooray what? Not beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
drowland (6082) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - JUN 11, 2010
On tap and from the bottle all over my resort. Oddly enough, they donít use the little amber stubby bottles here, itís tall clear glass bottles. Itís much what youíd expect - Red Stripe, but lighter in color and flavor - corn, metal, the whole 9 yards.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Tmoney99 (10805) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - JUN 11, 2010
Bottle. Poured clear pale color with a medium frothy white head that was mostly lasting with fair lacing. Light to moderate sweet grainy aroma. Light body with a smooth texture and soft carbonation. Light to medium sweet flavor with a light to medium sweet finish of short duration. My expectations where not met.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 7/20
Block (1432) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - MAY 23, 2010
Pale yellow pour with a white head. A little more malty than expected which is a plus. Good for a hot summer day.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
blutt59 (6021) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 14, 2010
11.2 0z bottle, clear yellow pour with fine white foam, grassy lemon aroma, flavors of sweet bitter plastic, wheat, bitter metallic finish

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
astrofrk (341) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 10, 2010
Light golden. Medium, white head. Aroma: Malt, cardboard. Flavor: Corn malt, metalic. Not highly impressed. I would take the origional Red Stripe over this most any time. However, for a light beer, it has more personality than many... just not a great personality.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
CanIHave4Beers (3321) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - MAY 8, 2010
Why? Why the hell not? Iím going to clear the air here and say that I am a sucker for a stubby bottle, cute little bastards get me every time. Oh and if it would have come in that weird 10.5oz clear bottle seen over there, well buddy I wouldnít have purchased it. Well, I donít know about that 10.5 oz is one odd size, and I like odd sized bottles too. I donít think I like them the way I like stubby bottles though, there is just this sort of romantic feeling I get from a stubby bottle. I canít quite grasp why this is not the standard, the design seems so much more "drinky" if I may, so much more conducive to drinking beer than the long neck. I donít know why I feel this way, itís a psychological thing really and there is nothing in this world I can do to explain it. I am very lucky though, a new brewery in Iowa (Peace Tree Brewing) is bottling exclusively in stubbys. The cool thing about Peace Tree is that I love their beer, which basically means that Iíll not be swayed by the undeniable charm of the Red Stripe bottle again. Arevaderche Jamaican Lager, hola Hop Wrangler. On with the rating now, this beer pours a very pale yellow color with a nice medium sized tight head. I swear to you that the first thing I detect in the aroma of this beer is chicken, crock pot roasted chicken. Itís a pretty specific smell, and one that I am very familiar with. When I come home from work to find the aroma of the chicken I was forced to wake up a whole ten minutes early that morning to throw into a cooking device my Aunt Nancy & Uncle Don gave me, this is a joyous smell. But it serves very little if any place in the world of beer. I guess this is one of those things that makes me realize how damned inexperienced of a brewer I am. Oh my beers suffer from all the usual problems, a bit tart here, a little vegetal there, maybe a bit too many hops for this style, or a damned thin mouth feel. But never in my life have I come across any sort of process or technical flaw that would make my beer smell like a roasted chicken. Just damned fascinating. Along with the chicken weíve got some complimentary aromas, some corn and some herbal hoppiness. The flavor for all itís short comings is so much of a relief as compared to the aroma that Iím happy as CAN BE to be drinking as opposed to smelling this. The beer is basically dry, and very light on flavor but has some bright maltiness, a little corn, and some distinct noble hoppiness. This is very refreshing, but it is also very light. I have no problem with beers being light, in fact I am very for it, but this one certainly falls under that sacrificing flavor for levity thing very strongly. People are purchasing this for nine dollars a six pack, that is really happening. Surreal. This reminds me that I need to roast a chicken.