Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 155   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.9/5   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Red Stripe Light is D&G’s alternative to the original. It has a smoother taste, and besides having a lower alcohol content, it is also ’less’ of a beer as it comes in 10.5 oz. bottles.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
blutt59 (6286) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAY 14, 2010
11.2 0z bottle, clear yellow pour with fine white foam, grassy lemon aroma, flavors of sweet bitter plastic, wheat, bitter metallic finish

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
astrofrk (341) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - MAY 10, 2010
Light golden. Medium, white head. Aroma: Malt, cardboard. Flavor: Corn malt, metalic. Not highly impressed. I would take the origional Red Stripe over this most any time. However, for a light beer, it has more personality than many... just not a great personality.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
CanIHave4Beers (3673) - Pouring Bus, Iowa, USA - MAY 8, 2010
Why? Why the hell not? I’m going to clear the air here and say that I am a sucker for a stubby bottle, cute little bastards get me every time. Oh and if it would have come in that weird 10.5oz clear bottle seen over there, well buddy I wouldn’t have purchased it. Well, I don’t know about that 10.5 oz is one odd size, and I like odd sized bottles too. I don’t think I like them the way I like stubby bottles though, there is just this sort of romantic feeling I get from a stubby bottle. I can’t quite grasp why this is not the standard, the design seems so much more "drinky" if I may, so much more conducive to drinking beer than the long neck. I don’t know why I feel this way, it’s a psychological thing really and there is nothing in this world I can do to explain it. I am very lucky though, a new brewery in Iowa (Peace Tree Brewing) is bottling exclusively in stubbys. The cool thing about Peace Tree is that I love their beer, which basically means that I’ll not be swayed by the undeniable charm of the Red Stripe bottle again. Arevaderche Jamaican Lager, hola Hop Wrangler. On with the rating now, this beer pours a very pale yellow color with a nice medium sized tight head. I swear to you that the first thing I detect in the aroma of this beer is chicken, crock pot roasted chicken. It’s a pretty specific smell, and one that I am very familiar with. When I come home from work to find the aroma of the chicken I was forced to wake up a whole ten minutes early that morning to throw into a cooking device my Aunt Nancy & Uncle Don gave me, this is a joyous smell. But it serves very little if any place in the world of beer. I guess this is one of those things that makes me realize how damned inexperienced of a brewer I am. Oh my beers suffer from all the usual problems, a bit tart here, a little vegetal there, maybe a bit too many hops for this style, or a damned thin mouth feel. But never in my life have I come across any sort of process or technical flaw that would make my beer smell like a roasted chicken. Just damned fascinating. Along with the chicken we’ve got some complimentary aromas, some corn and some herbal hoppiness. The flavor for all it’s short comings is so much of a relief as compared to the aroma that I’m happy as CAN BE to be drinking as opposed to smelling this. The beer is basically dry, and very light on flavor but has some bright maltiness, a little corn, and some distinct noble hoppiness. This is very refreshing, but it is also very light. I have no problem with beers being light, in fact I am very for it, but this one certainly falls under that sacrificing flavor for levity thing very strongly. People are purchasing this for nine dollars a six pack, that is really happening. Surreal. This reminds me that I need to roast a chicken.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
rocbyter (1980) - Waterbury, Connecticut, USA - MAY 7, 2010
Very light grain aroma. Clear light golden color with a large airy white head that quickly dissipates. Light sweet and very little bitterness that fades in the finish.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Padron4KM (734) - Chandler, Arizona, USA - APR 23, 2010
11.2 oz brown bottle.
Very pale straw, so pale it is almost colorless. Fizzy carbonation and a fluffy short lived head.
Aroma is almost nonexistent, some grain.
Excessive carbonation is a bit rough on the palate
Flavor is much like the aroma, not there. Wet grain, metal.
Comparing against other "light" beers, this is definitely better. However, it is not twice as good as other light beers, but it cost twice as much.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Aurelius (4773) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - APR 21, 2010
Powdery, somewhat tart, somewhat stinky, dry malt aroma. Squat painted bottle, very pale, clear, with a big, sparse, webby head. A little sweet, not very crisp or carbonated, medium light German lager hops. Watery mouthfeel, medium-light body. Tart aftertaste. Wouldn’t turn a free one down on the beach, but I wouldn’t buy it at anything close to its usual US price.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
coyforce (684) - California, USA - APR 5, 2010
Horrible. Weak and tastes like spoiled hay water. Does nothing on the tongue, and is quite bitter in the wrong way. I actually enjoy a red stripe from time to time, but this light should not be associated with the red stripe name.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
kp (10884) - Woodstock, Georgia, USA - MAR 27, 2010
UPDATED: MAR 27, 2010
Date: February 20, 2010
Mode: Bottle
Source: Tasting
Appearance: clear deep gold, fine white head, drippy lace
Aroma: lightly sweet green appple aroma, musty sulphur
Flavor: light malt flavor, touch of corn, light metalic bitterness
Aroma: 3/10; Appearance: 6/10; Flavor: 3/10; Palate: 5/10; Overall: 5/20
Rating: 1.7/5.0
Drinkability: 3/10
Score: * /4

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
SphinxTX (2876) - Mata Gorda, Texas, USA - MAR 27, 2010
Bottle from Kegs & Barrels in Plano, TX. Pours a light straw yellow with fast fading fizzy white head. Aroma of light malt, light corn grain, light hop citrus. Flavor is the same. light, watery mouthfeel with extremely high carbonation. Overall, I would say if you had to drink a light beer, this is the one to go for.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Palidor19 (3096) - Brandon, Florida, USA - MAR 19, 2010
I actually think that this is one of the better light beers that I’ve had. its clean and crisp with only a mild cornish finish. for what it is, its pretty good.