overall
Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 158   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.91/5   EST. CALORIES: 108   ABV: 3.6%
Red Stripe Light is D&G’s alternative to the original. It has a smoother taste, and besides having a lower alcohol content, it is also ’less’ of a beer as it comes in 10.5 oz. bottles.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
BlackHaddock (5636) - Shropshire, ENGLAND - APR 13, 2013
23 Jan 2013 and our ship docked at Montego Bay: we hit Doctor Cave Beach for the day. The bar there had small (275ml) clear bottles of this beer available, so I had a couple to keep me cool. The brew is very light in colour, a pale gold I suppose with no head to see (I drank them from the bottle, no glass). Slight grainy nose, but nothing much. The taste was leaning towards hoppy and had a semi-bitter dry finish: I found it refreshing and just what I needed at the time. This is not the srot of beer I’d normally buy, but it was sunny, hot and I was in Jamaica!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
MorganBaughman (147) - Long Beach, Mississippi, USA - APR 7, 2013
Had this at our second annual Easter Beer Hunt. Light bitter taste. Alright, but not something I’d spend more money on.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
Patrickctenchi (5663) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - MAR 23, 2013
11.2 oz stubby bottle: Pours clear, dark gold, with a lively white head. Virtually no aroma...a little grass and grain. Taste is watery, grain. Pretty much bereft of all things beer. Incredibly lacking.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Ed5388 (2960) - Forked River, New Jersey, USA - MAR 18, 2013
12oz stubby. Pours a clear golden color with a small amount of head that fades quickly. Aroma is grassy and somewhat sweet. Taste is sweet, watered down, with a small amount of bitterness.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
alexsdad06 (8145) - Ohio, USA - MAR 16, 2013
Bottle shared by brew3crew. Pours a clear bright yellow color with a medium sized white head that is gone quickly. The aroma and flavor has sweet grains, corn with very little else. Cold wet alcohol (and not much of the alcohol).

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Nekronos (3936) - Xalapa, MEXICO - FEB 21, 2013
Actually, the bottle says US but anyway. It was flavourless and not so nice to drink. NOt bad but nt even for a relax in front of tv. Incipit, goldy and that’s it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Majin (256) - West Des Moines, Iowa, USA - FEB 20, 2013
11.2 oz bottle...whatever that means. Pours a pale yellow/gold color. Hardly an aroma. No hop flavor whatsoever. Goes down like water...I could drink 24 of these and still drive home. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
boozedude (2226) - Des Moines, Iowa, USA - FEB 20, 2013
Diddnt even know thìexisted, so i had to try it, gold pour, super thin white head.. Funky aroma, taste is just a plain light crisp lager, would be a good summer light, binge drinking beer, (if it wasnt so expensive anyway).. Ok for a light beer, wont do again,m unless its cheap

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
mansquito (4845) - Nueva York, New York, USA - FEB 7, 2013
Kingston Hall, NY bottle FREE: I had the option of not paying for this beer, which I had not yet rated, so I felt as though I might as well do it. It was pretty much what was expected. Pale beer. Corn and grain aroma. Less sweet than normal red stripe, because there is less beer in this than there is in normal red stripe. It was drinkable though, which is why I chugged this as quickly as I could before leaving Kingston Hall, chea.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 3/20
ContemplateBeer (1917) - Louisville, Kentucky, USA - JAN 27, 2013
Aroma has dominant sweet corn, light hay and light grass. Appearance is light gold with sticky white head. Flavor has some toast, but it’s like veggie toast if such a thing exists; the finish is quite dry, but unpleasantly grassy. Palate is light, thin and fizzy. One of the worst pale lagers I’ve had in some time; thankfully it was a freebie.