Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 2355   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.16/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
First brewed in 1938.
It is a light alcohol drink with not too strong bitterness but rather soft taste; therefore, it’s easy to drink it up.
Brewed for the UK market by Charles Wells since 1976.
Brewed for US market at City Brewery’s Latrobe plant since 2012.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
punkeedo (498) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - MAY 3, 2004
A bit underwhelming, this lager is not very complex and rather plain. It tastes of alcohol and just doesn’t impress me that much. It’s not bad, don’t get me wrong, but Newcastle would be a much better choice if at Bahama Breeze.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Goblincat (399) - Petersburg, Michigan, USA - APR 29, 2004
Pours light amber with a bubbly, short-lived white head. Slightly more flavor that most American mass production beers. A simple lager... Nothing complex or outstanding and nothing very special but still pretty fun to drink. Very distinctive bottle.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
civforprez (229) - Galesburg, Illinois, USA - APR 28, 2004
Pale yellow with no substantial complexity in flavor. But reminds me of my more island-like activities in my younger days.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Evster64 (107) - Kempner, Texas, USA - APR 27, 2004
UPDATED: DEC 14, 2005 It comes in a cute little bottle. Beyond that, it offers little. Very little aroma, watery flavor, with nothing on the palate. I wouldn’t purchase it again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Bassy15 (60) - Cullowhee, North Carolina, USA - APR 26, 2004
I had this in a small bar awhile back, it wasn't that bad, it was smooth and sweet with a wheat grain aroma, that fat bottle makes it easy to hold. It was ok, i'm going to try it again sometime.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Nexxus (261) - Apple Valley, Minnesota, USA - APR 26, 2004
Clear light lemon yellow with a thick diminishing white head. Adjuncty sweet aroma of cereal, cardboard, orange, honey and wonderbead. Light watery body with a moderate amount of carbonation. Weak flavor with odd sweetness, light bread and not much else.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Alcoholist (570) - Peoria, Illinois, USA - APR 24, 2004
Pale yellow in colour with a frothy white head. Nose is slightly sweet. Flavour is lightly sweet and very watered down. Better then Bud, but not by much.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
worldleadr (56) - Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA - APR 23, 2004
Light fruity notes and aroma. Light, sweet, somewhat watered down water taste with no bitterness. Like Yuengling, but lighter and fruiter. Light.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Choos (732) - Taylors Hill, AUSTRALIA - APR 23, 2004
Had this from a can. Aroma had hints of a bit of fruitiness but that really could have been my imagination. Clear gold appearance with a smallish head. Flavour was practically noexistant for me but I am pretty sure some citrusy lemon flavours existed in it though they were definately drowned out long before I got through my half of the can. Best thing going for this is no vile lagery aftertaste and it won't fill you up so you could drink stacks of it on a hot day though I wouldn't bother.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 7/20
levandy (4) - Quebec, CANADA - APR 21, 2004 does not count
The best thing about this beer is the short squatty bottles with the painted on labels. None of that kick I love from the hopps, weak, too sweet and unbalanced, though the carbonation helps me with some kick the flavor lacks. Has the aroma of an old gym, but I'd still drink it over about half of the grocery store beers.