overall
Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 2227   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
First brewed in 1938.
It is a light alcohol drink with not too strong bitterness but rather soft taste; therefore, it’s easy to drink it up.
Brewed for the UK market by Charles Wells since 1976.
Brewed for US market at City Brewery’s Latrobe plant since 2012.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
celogan (201) - Oroville, California, USA - JUN 20, 2003
This is really quite decent. Better than I expected. I just had to try it and was glad I did. Not that it's the greates beer, but pretty good. I wasn't impressed with the pour, which was a light golden color, but the stark white head evaporated almost immediately with no lacing at all. Flavor was just different, but in a good way with a hint of sweetness. Deserves a better rating than it has gotten in the past.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
bjbrown24 (61) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JUN 19, 2003
Really decent beer. Can't believe it is made in Jamaica but it is really good. Everyone should try one, not to sweet but just right.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - JUN 18, 2003
This beer has an interesting taste to it that I can't put my finger on. Does NOT remind me of standard lager beer, in fact I like it quite a bit more. Soft and finishes vaguely sweet.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jgb9348 (4943) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - JUN 13, 2003
This is a typical lager beer that is no more special than just about every other. The colour is straight golden with no highlights or differentiation. The smell is very mild and the taste is smooth but not much flavour. A decent beer you can find at many places...but seems to be a bit more relaxing when you are sipping these from the tap in a resort in Jamaica. I still have never had this beer from the bottle, but only from the tap at numerous occasions in Jamaica. Try this if you (for some reason) LIKE the standard lager taste, and have had Carlsberg, Heneiken, etc. But, if you are on a vacation in Jamaica, definately try this beer on tap!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
ross (2118) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - JUN 12, 2003
i thought this beer was good, then i got sick off of only 5 of them (no im not a light weight) its something about the taste that just utterly made me want to vomit. this is a bad beer, and if this is jamacia's best- then show me no more jamacian beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Sully (1377) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - JUN 11, 2003
Is that a Red Stripe on my hand or has it given me a rash? Ok, (feeble) jokes aside. It is an average lager that lacks in most departments. It is certainly soft and lacks real balance.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
shorlin (714) - St. John’s, Newfoundland, CANADA - JUN 9, 2003
No good. Yellow, lifeless. Smells skunky, tastes quite bad. I know this isn't a useful rating, but why waste the time on this one. My guess is you've tried it, and you know what it is.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Fish (440) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 5, 2003
This is my first beer rating. I was intrigued by the novel bottle shape and the fact that it was imported from Jamaica. The website was hilarious! It has a much better taste than the cheap american beers that I have tasted. I bought a six of Red Stripe at the super market for $6.49.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
beastiefan2k (2692) - Emerald City (formely NYC & KS), Washington, USA - JUN 5, 2003
UPDATED: APR 18, 2006 Not a bad beer, not heavy at all. A sweet aftertaste is the best part of this beer. My favorite thing about this beer is the shape of the bottle. If your in a bar and this is the only foreign beer than its better than any bud, coors or corona.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
BierGunner (18) - Noblesville, Indiana, USA - JUN 3, 2003
I've only drank the stuff while in Jamaica so I can't tell if this is the same as the export. With that said, It's not bad if served cold and I mean really cold. This beer has some really foreign (forgive the pun) taste that can't be described. The after taste is the strongest of any beer I've ever drunk. Good for chugging but definitely not a sipper.