overall
Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 2261   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
First brewed in 1938.
It is a light alcohol drink with not too strong bitterness but rather soft taste; therefore, it’s easy to drink it up.
Brewed for the UK market by Charles Wells since 1976.
Brewed for US market at City Brewery’s Latrobe plant since 2012.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - JUN 26, 2003
Poured a pale yellow with small white head, typical of this style. Aroma is slight malt with skunky floral hops. Flavor is smooth and mild, nothing outrageous, very suiting to the brown bottle, heinikan should learn a lesson on this one. Refreshing finish with a slightly dry and bitter moutfeel. Not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Gearwar (56) - Rochester, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 25, 2003
This is a great beer to drink when you are on an island or at the beach. Way better than corona. I had this stuff in jamaica and it was great.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
EYEdrinkFREELY (24) - warren, Ohio, USA - JUN 24, 2003
i like the retro looking bottle. i tried it only once and though i was fairly drunk i thought it was okay. at that point anything could have been okay though, right? damn kids.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
adambomb (16) - USA - JUN 20, 2003
I'm just about to head out to dance hall night at the Pub I.G. there they have 2$ Red Stripes on speaciall. I'm going to drink as many as I can. Nothing extraordinary about this beer but a good tasting beer if you in the mood to just get wasted. I like it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
celogan (202) - Oroville, California, USA - JUN 20, 2003
This is really quite decent. Better than I expected. I just had to try it and was glad I did. Not that it's the greates beer, but pretty good. I wasn't impressed with the pour, which was a light golden color, but the stark white head evaporated almost immediately with no lacing at all. Flavor was just different, but in a good way with a hint of sweetness. Deserves a better rating than it has gotten in the past.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
bjbrown24 (61) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JUN 19, 2003
Really decent beer. Can't believe it is made in Jamaica but it is really good. Everyone should try one, not to sweet but just right.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
drewcifer85710 (158) - Youngstown, Ohio, USA - JUN 18, 2003
This beer has an interesting taste to it that I can't put my finger on. Does NOT remind me of standard lager beer, in fact I like it quite a bit more. Soft and finishes vaguely sweet.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
jgb9348 (5062) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - JUN 13, 2003
This is a typical lager beer that is no more special than just about every other. The colour is straight golden with no highlights or differentiation. The smell is very mild and the taste is smooth but not much flavour. A decent beer you can find at many places...but seems to be a bit more relaxing when you are sipping these from the tap in a resort in Jamaica. I still have never had this beer from the bottle, but only from the tap at numerous occasions in Jamaica. Try this if you (for some reason) LIKE the standard lager taste, and have had Carlsberg, Heneiken, etc. But, if you are on a vacation in Jamaica, definately try this beer on tap!

0.7
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
ross (2122) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - JUN 12, 2003
i thought this beer was good, then i got sick off of only 5 of them (no im not a light weight) its something about the taste that just utterly made me want to vomit. this is a bad beer, and if this is jamacia's best- then show me no more jamacian beers.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Sully (1377) - Potts Point, New South Wales, AUSTRALIA - JUN 11, 2003
Is that a Red Stripe on my hand or has it given me a rash? Ok, (feeble) jokes aside. It is an average lager that lacks in most departments. It is certainly soft and lacks real balance.