overall
Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 2189   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.17   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
First brewed in 1938.
It is a light alcohol drink with not too strong bitterness but rather soft taste; therefore, it’s easy to drink it up.
Brewed for the UK market by Charles Wells since 1976.
Brewed for US market at City Brewery’s Latrobe plant since 2012.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Vac (2445) - San Diego, California, USA - AUG 17, 2002
Very pale Golden Color. The aroma was heavy with malt and was slightly sweet. The malt carried through to the flavor with a slightly hoppy finsh.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
007lund (92) - Ann Arbor, USA - AUG 16, 2002
I was quite surprised by this beer. Nice color, good aroma, and a pleasant taste. A little bit sweet, but this is balanced out by a bolder body. Nice for a summer evening on the deck.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Andrew196 (1091) - Katy, Texas, USA - AUG 12, 2002
Pretty decent stuff. My friend always tells me of how he drank this stuff in a bar in Jamaica overlooking the water. I like the old school cough syrup bottle style. Rerate: Decent for a lager, but only to be drank within 500 yards of the ocean!!! Was forced to buy a 6 pack of this when recently in South Padre Island, that city has one of the world’s worst selections of beer for being such a tourist destination.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ARMed (606) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 11, 2002
I like this beer. A week on a Jamaican resort and it will begin to grow on you. Nice smooth head, darker color and a tasty finish. Leaves me wanting another one. Local Jamaican Red Stripe tastes better than that purchased in USA (could be just because I was on vacation).

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
djbuddha (90) - Many, Louisiana, USA - AUG 3, 2002
Not really my cup of tea, but would be a very good bbq beer, or a good beer after you’ve been outside for a while. Very light and went down smooth.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Indra (2627) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - AUG 1, 2002
Fairly distinctive malty, cereal flavor and the carbonation on the palate is actually comparatively low. I’ll drink it for free if it’s hot out.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
jpknight22 (171) - Charlotte, North Carolina, USA - JUL 30, 2002
This is probably the most middle of the road lager I have ever had. There’s nothing original at all about this beer to me other than its plainness. Mild presence and no aftertaste. Just OK...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GiddyBoy (117) - USA - JUL 29, 2002
I did not think this was bad at all. Maybe it was because I had already had 6 Bass Ales? I will give it another go later. I thought it was fine, but nothing special. Nothing stands out, but it was drinkable.

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
Racegoer (353) - Indiana, Indiana, USA - JUL 26, 2002
First time I drank this was in Montego Bay Jamaica, I didn’t drink another beer that day until I went back to my cruise ship. This is bad beer, Jamaica is more well known for something else than beer.....You know,..........Blue Mountain coffee :)

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 25, 2002
Only had it in Jamaica. Was almost the only beer they had. I drank rum.