Brewed by Desnoes and Geddes (Diageo PLC)
Style: Pale Lager
Kingston, Jamaica

RATINGS: 2355   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.16/5   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
First brewed in 1938.
It is a light alcohol drink with not too strong bitterness but rather soft taste; therefore, it’s easy to drink it up.
Brewed for the UK market by Charles Wells since 1976.
Brewed for US market at City Brewery’s Latrobe plant since 2012.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
Hansen (8435) - Assentoft, DENMARK - JUL 4, 2003
Well, I think it's ok to brew this beer, but why import it to Denmark? I don't get it. The water-tap is almost as good as this beer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
caesar (6682) - Bunnik/Utrecht, NETHERLANDS - JUL 1, 2003
Below average pilsener. Skunky aroma, straw. Watery taste, hoppy taste. Dry and slightly bitter palate.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
skortila (5337) - Baarn, NETHERLANDS - JUL 1, 2003
dirty unfinished malty smell. Clear golden colour. Pours out quite okay. Head is gone relative fast. taste, hmm. not much taste there. Bit hops perhaps, some dirty malts. Palate is water. Poor Jamaicans, I would start a bobslee team too if I had to drink this everyday.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
bowen008 (134) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUN 30, 2003
I didn't like this beer at all and I really wanted to. I will re-rate this one but it seemed like a lot to pay for Miller lite with hops added.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - JUN 26, 2003
Poured a pale yellow with small white head, typical of this style. Aroma is slight malt with skunky floral hops. Flavor is smooth and mild, nothing outrageous, very suiting to the brown bottle, heinikan should learn a lesson on this one. Refreshing finish with a slightly dry and bitter moutfeel. Not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Gearwar (56) - Rochester, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 25, 2003
This is a great beer to drink when you are on an island or at the beach. Way better than corona. I had this stuff in jamaica and it was great.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
EYEdrinkFREELY (24) - warren, Ohio, USA - JUN 24, 2003
i like the retro looking bottle. i tried it only once and though i was fairly drunk i thought it was okay. at that point anything could have been okay though, right? damn kids.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
adambomb (16) - USA - JUN 20, 2003
I'm just about to head out to dance hall night at the Pub I.G. there they have 2$ Red Stripes on speaciall. I'm going to drink as many as I can. Nothing extraordinary about this beer but a good tasting beer if you in the mood to just get wasted. I like it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
celogan (204) - Oroville, California, USA - JUN 20, 2003
This is really quite decent. Better than I expected. I just had to try it and was glad I did. Not that it's the greates beer, but pretty good. I wasn't impressed with the pour, which was a light golden color, but the stark white head evaporated almost immediately with no lacing at all. Flavor was just different, but in a good way with a hint of sweetness. Deserves a better rating than it has gotten in the past.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
bjbrown24 (61) - Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA - JUN 19, 2003
Really decent beer. Can't believe it is made in Jamaica but it is really good. Everyone should try one, not to sweet but just right.